Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Sleep Numbers............"

Good Morning;
Finally!!!
You can go outside and breathe with out either searing your lungs or drowning!
Well, I went to meet Shelly, my case manager from Prologue yesterday and it was as I thought about the letter from S.S.A.......a denial. But, DAMN were they quick about it this time, I saw their doctor on the 13th, he submitted his report on the 15th and the letter sent out to me was dated the 16th...NOW they want to be efficient. The next step is the automatic request for reconsideration, which can be done online and is only a review of the paperwork already in their possession by someone who did not participate in the first examination of them. This will produce another automatic denial and I will then request an appeal which will most likely produce another denial, (there is a minimum of 2 and usually 3), and then the next step will be a request for an appeal before an administrative hearing judge, and most likely another round of physical and psychological examinations by another group of doctors, both on their side and mine.
My next step is researching, choosing, and consulting with a disability attorney, one of those 'TV lawyers' as I call them, who worked for S.S.A. and know the tricks and loopholes, and are now hustling for themselves and the money, so they have an incentive to fight for the client.
I went back to Jenn's about as happy as you would expect, nothing ever happens the short or easy way in my life. Jenn dropped me off at Starbucks about 7:00 pm. yesterday evening then we went to the Giant and I sat outside and read until about 10:30 pm. The shed was comfortable for the first time in over a month, of course the fact that the door had been blown open and the wind had aired it out big time during Sunday's vicious thunderstorm may have had something to do with it too.
I slept until 1:00 am. and woke up thinking it was 7:00 am. or so, then fell back to sleep until 8:00 am., took my meds, sat down for a minute and woke up at 10:30 am., and if it had not been so warm inside I could have been asleep still...(it's noon). I slept really poorly at Jenn's the past 2 nights before.....can you tell?
okay time's up again.....
later....Dave

No comments: