Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Falstaff Meets.........'The Cockroach That Ate Cinncinati'........"

Good Morning;
Last night after I closed the library I wandered over to the Giant and bought my 2nd bottle of Powerade Zero of the day and a few ounces of ham and a deli roll and a package of the day-old cherry croissants from the reduced rack and sat in front of First watch and had a late dinner around 10:00 pm. I could barely stay awake to eat, and I did actually fall asleep for a minute as I was packing the pastries away for this morning. I must have nodded out and let the plastic container slip to the ground, because when I jerked awake due to the sleep apnea that afflicts me, the container was filled with ants fighting a pitched battle against one of the largest roaches I have ever seen. We're talking about an insect that has it's own zip code! The ants finally caused the roach to retreat through the sheer power of numbers, but not before he had left a few hundred casualties, mostly headless or multiple amputees, and he managed to get away with a chunk of croissant about the size of a small child. I normally hate the nasty things, but, ya gotta respect a valiant warrior so I let him scuttle off towards the dumpsters. The damn ants then decided to start crawling up the bench and began a 'reconnaissance in force', of me and my bags, and.... "The better part of valour is discretion, in the which better part I have saved my life."* ... I immediately began a tactical 'Advance To The Rear'** ... and went to the 'sauna shack' and tried to air it out a bit and lay down and fell asleep with the lantern still on. I awoke to a slightly cooler breeze blowing on me, (I'd placed the little battery operated fan that Prologue purchased for me next to to a hole in the wall that I punched open with my fist and then shielded from the light with the shards and splinters plucked from my flesh...lol), the smell of rain, the sound of a steady drip..drip..drip, and and urgent need to get up and out and visit the tree. This was about 2:30 am. and I spent the next 6 hours dozing and waking, dozing and waking, until the sun had made the shed too uncomfortable, turning it into a steam room.
I got up, went over to the Giant to try to wash as much of the funk and salt off my skin as possible in the restroom, and bought a little piece of beef for lunch. I am stopping at Jenn's to play prison guard for a while this afternoon while she and her cousin go to get some more work done on their tattoos, (Jenn is having color added over a large area, which is why she has been going so frequently, one can only take so much at a time at this stage before passing out or going postal on the guy with that buzzing needle gun...lol), so I get to shower and cook, (or most likely the other way around...lol).
I took the last quarter of a pill of my 'bupe' this morning, and though I may not sound like it, I'm stressed as hell about it. I don't have a referral for an appointment to get a referral to a licenced provider until next week, and who knows when that referral will give me an appointment with the provider. Monkee is somehow out of them this month, and not due for a refill until August 5th, I am going to be forced to search for them on the street until ???, and I have absolutely NO MONEY At All!!!! with none expected until the 2nd of August, and no food credits left to trade or sell on my card. I was on the bus a couple different times in the past week or so, checking out the main corner I used to panhandle at, and the backup one too. Both places were crowded with people competing for space and attention, at one point I saw a fight break out. It looks like the drunks and junkies have taken over and I'm not getting near that mess. So I have to find a way to get about $30.00 for the next 10 days or so just to survive. Food I can figure out, it may not be the healthiest diet but there are options. The biggest pain in the ass is both money, and the process of searching out, and then paying not only for the meds, but the tip or commission for the person who found them, (which I am happy to pay, it just keeps me that much farther removed from the lifestyle and the danger)...with Monkee I have credit, and no need to go anywhere 'sketchy'.
I really want to be able to find at least $10.00 today so I can enough for Friday and the weekend. I am supposed to be taking Rachel to the library tomorrow to see the magician 'Mike Rose and his Water Magic Show' at 2:00 pm. and then for an ice cream or some such treat at the Giant, (I've saved FoodStamps for that), and I would really like the stress factor to be at zero for this. I don't get to see her enough recently as it is.
Okay times up for this session, I'll be back later, I've a few more things on my mind to write about and throw out to the universe...lol.
I'll figure something out, Beg, Borrow, Steal...(well maybe not that anymore..lol!....I'll hope for gifts or donations, or that horseshoe up my ass to fall out on the ground and when I go to pick it up...there's a $20.00 bill in the grass....lol).
Anybody wanting to lend me a couple bucks until the 2nd...feel free to contact me.
Later............Dave
*(Henry IV Part 1)
**(Movie of the same name-1964)

No comments: