Friday, July 9, 2010

"It Hurts When I Do This, Doc.........Well,.....Don't Do That!........."

Good Afternoon;
Wow! I got to the doctors' office at 11:55 am. for a 12:00 Noon appointment and had just found a place to sit down when I was called into the 'secure' area of the building, (the waiting room is sealed off behind a combination of half walls and glass windows and all glass window walls...this being Lower Park Heights, most likely bullet-proof!!...no LOL about this one!), and was being processed and validated for insurance coverage etc. when the Vital signs tech. and the Bloodwork tech. almost came to blows as to who would see me first...lol! 10 minutes later I am in the ante-room waiting to see the doctor, and 10 minutes later I am being questioned and examined by the doc!
Now this may not seem like such a big deal to most of you, but the last 3 visits entailed over 11 hours of sitting in the lobby and waiting.
Today I had to wait an extra 30 minutes or so because I was able to see the Podiatrist who is on site, without an appointment and unexpectedly and serendipitously.
My doctor , Dr. Teri Richardson, is the only reason I kept coming back here and waiting to be able to schedule an appointment, she does what is rare, especially in a busy/clinic type environment, she listens! and takes all the time needed...as di Dr. Florence Marcus the foot doc. I am at least a half a shoe size smaller and my toes no longer hurt from the excess nail growth I was unable to cut or trim myself. She used some super sharp and fine edged and pointy cutters and an electric Dremel type grinder, it may have felt a little weird, but man what a relief.
I also had confirmed that there is a major case of osteo-arthritis behind my left big toe, (one of the reasons any extended standing, walking, or climbing tears me up with either pain or exhaustion or both), to go with the degenerative joint disease.
I have referrals to a dermatologist, an optometrist, and JAIs substance abuse counselor for a referral to a program where, HOPEFULLY!!!, I can get my buprenorphine legitimately...WITHOUT!! all the hoops and hassles, and an appointment with a gastro-enterologist on Tuesday the 20th of July at 9:00 am. to see what the Hepatitis C is doing to my liver, (if it is active, inactive, dormant, increasing...etc.).
A pretty damn productive day, if I do say so myself.
I'm out of here, it is closing time...damn Fridays!!
I guess I'll head over to the Starbucks for few hours and hope their A/C is working up to snuff, since none of you out there have called with any better offers....lol.
Later...................Dave

No comments: