Sunday, July 11, 2010

"You Be The Judge....................."

Good Afternoon;

Well I'm at the Towson library because I'm stubborn today and the MTA is an organization managed by morons and staffed by simpletons.

Every bus/train/train/train/bus I have taken or tried to take so far to day has been way off schedule-(very late, not showing, and leaving early), broken or breaking down, or driven by an ignorant, inconsiderate, ignoramus....except the driver of the #8 bus from Lutherville to the library who was courteous and patient above and beyond the call of duty! It took me 2+ hours to get here, and the only reason I started out to come here was that i would get here at 1:00 pm. as they opened and roll out fairly quickly and still have most of the afternoon to find someone/something to do.

There I go making plans again.........LOL!

Well I started out on the journey and it got to the point where not only did I have too much time invested already...I just had to see how long it would take altogether.



Anyway, I'm here for at least another hour and than I guess I'll take the train and bus back to Mt. Washington to the Starbucks and sit until they close at 8:00 pm. It is a good day to sit outside in the shade and the breeze, (it would have a better day to sit outside in the sun at the beach though....lol). The lack of companionship, (other than Jenn and the kids), is starting to get to me again, both the boredom and and lack of casual entertainment and conversation, and the increasing ache for someone and something more than that. It seems to be worse on days like today where there is so much going on in town that I would like to do, but have no one to share it with. (and the side issues of money and a place to stash my bags sometimes also come into play).

Of course Sundays are and have always been a really tough day for me, on the streets and off. 'Family days' are tough on folks who have none, or who are always, and have always felt like an extra, slightly warped and weather beaten limb on the family tree. Or, when invited to share in the familial festivities of others, like the tree limb hanging over the fence from the neighbor's yard, at times it may be enmeshed in the branches of their trees, but when the wind blows and the leaves fall off, the disconnection is obvious.


No longer 'chasing the dragon', or 'driving that train' means that there is hell of a lot of time now blank in my day planner that used to be filled up rippin' and runnin' and just in travel from one side of the city and back, (and sometimes multiple trips). The combination of restlessness and homelessness can be a blessing and a curse. On one hand it adds motivation, or at least desire for change, on the other it illuminates the obstacles to any rapid or sometimes even noticeable change in status, which can feed and fuel the cycle of hopelessness which leads to the attitude of despair that can reduce a normally positive outlook to black depression.

I am not there now, but I am so familiar with the view from the edge of that abyss, I have my own keys to gateway to hell.......(lol?)!


Anyway, I'm still open to suggestions and invitations if anyone wants to hangout this afternoon or evening or tonight. It would be a good night to sit out on a deck/bar with a cold beer or a Tanqueray and Tonic (with lime)!


In fact I just may stop in at "Little Dickeys" here on York Road if there is anybody in there who looks interesting to talk to. They have a $5.00 pitcher of Natural Light special sign out front. It may not be the first choice on my beer list, but...the price works, and I'm more interested in effect today...lol!

Stop in and say hello, actually call me first, I may be gone....lol!
Later.......Dave
P.S..........Two items to respond to from e-mails I received:
1) We did not call 911 for "LC" because thye would not come in to where they live, and one is taken to the ER.
2) www.beggarbags.com , yopu be the judge.
........D.






No comments: