Wednesday, July 21, 2010

" One From Column A.........And Two From Column B......"

Good Morning;

Well that storm last night did nothing but make the humidity worse. I stepped outside from Jenn's to go and catch the bus and damn near killed myself tripping over a Siamese cat that was abandoned by one of the residents of the complex who decided that they only wanted to keep their dog, so they threw the cat out and refused to lrt it back in or feed it anymore. It is a very friendly kitty, but has the habit of getting between your legs and stopping...not so bad if you can see it...but when your glasses are fogged up on both sides of the lenses and you are stepping down off a porch and are unbalanced by unevenly weighted bags over your shoulder and in your hand......let's just say that the cat has one less life and I can attest that the Gravity is working in that area!!....LOL.


I was reading the instructions I have to follow before my "Poop Chute Photo Shoot" on the 30th and I have to do the usual things such as, stop certain meds, don't eat anything after lunch on the day before, clear liquids only until the morning of the procedure....and....drink 2 (two) bottles of Magnesium Citrate the night before the "Journey To The Center Of My Arse".....Oh Happy Happy Joy Joy!. I need to make arrangements to spend the night somewhere that evening, I can't be running from the shed to the gas station and monopolizing the restroom for hours, not to mention setting new records for the '100 Yard Dash'--stiff legged and clenched version.....lol.


Of course I'm broke and get my money 4 days after I need it, so the phrase.."will you buy me a drink' has taken on a whole new meaning!

I am on my way over Jenn's to take another shower, I left their about 10:00 pm. last night, freshly bathed, and needed to shower again before the bus came at 10:30 pm., just from the heat and humidity. By this morning, when I got up at 9:00 am. the shed had gone from sauna to steam room and even my sleeping clothes felt 'moist'.

I am being taken to lunch today at one of the restaurants that was a frequent after-whatever destination for all the kids in some of the groups I used to hang out with back in and just after High School, the Golden Dragon on Liberty Road in Milford Mill. We terrorized the poor staff with bad jokes and rowdy behavior, (but they loved our money, so we were never banned...lol!).
{"Do you serve 'Mousey Tongue'?"....[Mao Tse Tong]...}

My hostess is my very first girlfriend, Patti G., circa 1973 who reached me by e-mail after her mother saw the Jewish Times with me on the cover. we stayed friend,but lost touch about 20 years ago. I am both excited and nervous about seeing her again, both because of the time that has passed and the situation I am in. It's not exactly the reunion I had pictured.


Another reason for my anxiety and hovering depression, (besides the things I whined about the other day...lol), is that I realized that the hearing that was postponed from my May court date is approaching rapidly, sometime in early August, (I hope!!!! I cannot find my paperwork!!! Sh*t..Sh*t..Sh*t!)


I was in the Giant earlier this morning and had just walked in and was preparing my coffee when a woman says hello and asks how everything is. I was still trying to get my eyes clear and get them to focus so it took a minute to register who she was. It was Rifka P. who is a friend of the 'ex', frum, and one of the few people who I met through her that I can consider a friend of mine. We had short chat and I realized as we were talking about how much the kids have grown, (she told me she now has to look up to her 13 year old son...lol), that it had been 8 years already since we had met.

I walked over to the deli counter to pick up some lunch meat and over heard a woman asking one of the cooks if she had to take a number, and when he pointed out where the dispenser was, down at the other end, she started towards it. She was using a cane, (one of two), and the shopping cart to balance and support herself so I grabbed 2 tickets and gave her the first, lower, one to save her the walk down and back. Now this i something that to my mind anyone would do as a matter of normal courtesy and common decency, (and even if someone was not handicapped I would most likely grab 2 tickets anyway, though I probably would keep the lower number for myself...lol). This woman was so amazed that I did this that she would not thanking me, it got to be embarrassing. She told me she has been shouldered aside by able bodied woman and men of all ages and races, especially on a Friday here at the Pikesville store. I'm sorry, but I don't understand how some people can be such jerks when it takes more effort to be an asshole than to do the decent thing. And I am not talking about criminals, addicts, etc., but the average everyday idiot. I don't understand it, but I am used to and expect it...just ride the bus or the subway and listen to the conversations, live and cell phone, 80% of what you'll hear is negative in some way or another. Hell, as much as I bitch and moan at times, (and I believe I have both right and reason), I'm still less miserable than some of these people who are better off as regards residence, finance, and health! The lack of gratitude and appreciation, and perspective also, runs rampant through out Baltimore. People wonder why the schools are in such bad shape, with discipline and attitude problems...with bullying of the disabled, or those who want to learn..ride the bus and listen to the parents. The prison attitude carries over onto the street and is evidenced by the dress and footwear you can see every day...pants to the mid thigh, boxers and asses hanging out.....and what says 'jail' more than walking around the mall in shower shoes with socks on!

Okayyyyyy, a bit of a tangent there...again...lol...sorry , sermons over.

I'll be back tomorrow with the details...and menu..lol, of my lunch date.

Later.............Dave


No comments: