Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"It's Always Something..............................."

Good Evening;
So Jenn and Tom and the kids are at her mom's house in Westminster, (Md.), and I'm all set for a cool and quiet evening and part of the night with the cats, the stinky dog, and the remote. I'm in the kitchen pouring a nice, big, tall glass of ice water and what do I see on the microwave table? The RedBox DVD Jenn and Tom rented last weekend and finally watched last night....after ignoring it for as long as I could, I texted Jenn asking "did you forget.....?". I received an all CAPS ..."DAMN!!!" in reply. I called and queried her as to the immediate need for return and she said by 9:00 pm tonight. Wellll......since I had a library book, (John Grisham's "Ford County Stories", [his only collection of short fiction...pretty good stuff too], and a DVD of "Two and A Half Men: Season II" due today anyway, (that I was going to just deal with tomorrow), I volunteered to drop it off at the Giant after I went to the library, which is why I am here with you now, Loyal Reader, wilted as a leaf of lettuce at a carnivore convention, instead of sitting around cool as cucumber in the 'new' recliner watching "Mythbusters" on the cable.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!
That's twice today I let my conscience and sense of gratitude rule my actions, I guess I'll text Jenn and see if she wants me to save them the hassle of stopping at the food store with the kids in the car, in the heat, on the way home late at night, and pick up some Lactaid milk for the littlest princess's delicate digestive system. I figure 'third time's the charm', and all good intentions will have melted and drained out of my system on the walk back to the Giant and the walk home, like ice cream through the bottom of a cracked cone in the sweaty hands of a hyperactive 2 year old....lol!, and I'll be able to rationalize chugging down the two beers in cold storage before they get home...(outside on the bench at the apts., I don't drink at the house out of courtesy and respect, I do have some limits these days!).....yeah, re-hydration and sleep assistance....that's the ticket..lol!
I'm about to call and see if Rachel is home yet. The 'Bubble Lady' is here at the library at 7:00 pm. tomorrow evening, so I'm going to try to have her mom meet me here, there is no reason to take her out on the bus in this heat, even in the coolness of tomorrow's upper 90 degree temps......lol.
Okay time's up......
Later....................Dave

No comments: