Friday, July 23, 2010

"Nothing Up My Sleeve But My Arm.....And Look Ma No Holes!!!......."


Good Afternoon;

So I ended up spending last night at Jenn's unexpectedly. When she came home from having more color added to her tattoo, which is getting to look pretty spectacular and incredibly bright and colorful, she asked if I minded watching the kids some more that night so she could go with Tom to his homegroup. I told her no problem and nothing was said by either of us regarding staying the night. Well they stopped ta Super Fresh afterwards and did not get back until 11:00 pm. or so, which meant I was staying by default, not that I minded...lol.


I ended up having a bad night sleeping due to back pain and my internal thermostat being out of whack, and kept switching between the leather recliner and the poorly constructed, worn out, sagging couch...which I had not previously 'prepped' by padding the frame that hits right at hip level and building up the sink hole where the springs are sagging with folded blankets and towels so that my head and neck are not twisted at 85 degree angle and my shoulders are below waist level. I was also out of my meds as I mentioned yesterday so there was no way to relieve and relax the increasingly severe discomfort.


I got up about 7:00 am. made a pot of coffee and contorted my body into a semi-sitting position that was if not comfortable, at least bearable. I got the kids their milk and stared at the TV until 9:00 am. when I got up and went over to the Metro and took the subway down to Hopkins and the bus over to North Ave. and Wolfe St. and walked to Barry's house. I had called him last night asking him to find a 'bupe' for me for this morning. Well as usual he had forgotten and he went out to look for one at the place where 99 times out of 100 there is someone selling them. Of course today when I needed one...no one had any left. I left the $10.00 Jenn had loaned me with him and put my number in his phone memory and he is supposed to call me when he gets one. Meanwhile I left to head back to Jenn's to wash up and then meet Rachel at the library for the show there, resigned that I would be having a bad day physically and mentally. As I came around the corner past Monkee's house, (their houses back on to one another across an alley), I thought as long as I'm down here I may as well say hello. When she came to the door she told me she had just that minute found one last 'bupe' that she had stashed in her car and forgotten about and that it was for me. You cannot imagine the relief that washed over me like an ocean wave, even before I took a dose, (a similar sense of relief was felt when Jenn offered me the cash), a purely emotional and psychological lightening of the weight and the cloud of darkness that was hovering over my head and shoulders. The knowledge that I had a few days reprieve from the stress and worry of having no 'buffer zone', or 'cushion' in which to locate a temporary supply was like the ending of an eclipse, in a primitive land...light returning to the sky and the land and all the native prostrate on the ground giving thanks that the Sun God had come back!
Any way, I took my quarter of a pill and by the time Monkee and I finished catching up, the back pain was as weak as it ever gets and I again.."Felt Normal".. as the ads on the buses and TV say. No euphoria, no high, just as close to average, everyday, boring, no frills, white bread, plain jane, unflavored, unsweetened,......normal.
So, I got back to Jenn's too late to shower, but Rachel's mom was able to pick me up and drop us off at the library. We saw "Mike Roses's Water Magic" show and it was a lot of fun. He is a comic magician and sleight of hand artiste who charms and amazes the kids and his patter is at two levels, one for the grown ups too. He is also really good at the hand magic, simple things but I could not catch him out. Rachel enjoyed it very much and also the pint of strawberry ice cream we demolished at the Giant afterwards....lol! We met her Mom and boyfriend at the Giant then she and I came back to the library to get her some books and play on the computer at WWW.PBSKIDS.COM .
I am heading over to Jenn's when the library closes in 15 minutes and getting some dinner and hanging out until the sun goes down and the temperature drops to a nice cool 85 degrees or so....LOL....NOT!!!!
From a rough start to a decent day.. I am both extremely grateful to whatever 'higher power' is looking out for me, keeping me from using and truthfully, in all basic respects, safe and sound, and luckier than any of you will ever realize.
For all the sh*t I end up wading through......at least I'm not forced to be walking on my hands.....LOL!
see you Tomorrow!............
Dave


No comments: