Friday, July 16, 2010

"Eskimo Pies and The Titanic and Ice Floes............."

Good Afternoon;

Well, other than falling asleep at 10:30 pm., feeling hot and dirty but so exhausted I slept until 8:30 am., when I awoke feeling hot and dirty and sopping wet, and yes, still exhausted but having to get up and pee or get even wetter from a different source, not much is new.
It is idiot day at the Giant, (an employee's words not mine, though I will not dispute her on it!), and it seems to have spilled over to the outside...I was at the intersection of Walker Ave. and the Giant and library driveway entrances, where B G & E has the road dug up and halfway blocked off, and where some old moron was in such a hurry to make a left turn and pull into a line of cars that was unmoving so that he could block all three thoroughfares that he ran into me as I was crossing the street. I was speaking to a woman who works at the Giant who was crossing from the opposite direction and as our paths crossed the moron started to whip out between the stopped cars and I had to beat on the hood while jumping back and off to the side and he comes to a stop with his right front bumper digging into my left leg. Any further and it would have broken my knee. As you can imagine I gave him a raft of sh*t...no, a Titanic of sh*t!! He starts yelling that he "saw me talking to the lady, and thought he was clear to go"....we were already 1/2 way across the street as it were, each going in a different direction so there was at no time any point where it was clear for him to go. I told him that "I'm able to walk and talk at the same time, even while chewing gum!!", and that, "That handicap tag is supposed to be used for physical disabilities, not because you are an asshole!". He began mumbling something else and drove off to the other side of the library...where he stopped the car right in the middle of the entrance to the parking lot and the driveway to Reisterstown Rd. blocking traffic in all directions, when there were open parking spaces right next to him and sits and waits for his wife to come shuffling outside, where she then proceeds to get into an argument with him, both of them ignoring the horns and comments of the drivers of a dozen other cars they are holding up!

Damn this global warming!!....it used to be in the good old days one could put the incompetent old farts out on an ice floe for the polar bears, or orcas, or hypothermia to deal with!.....(Oh, LTFU all you PC whiners, it's a damn joke.......LOL!)

(Now just as I finished typing the above, a man comes up to the bigoted, racist, psychotic, evil old white haired (w/b)-itch, [look up the word HAG in an illustrated dictionary and you can see her exact image, or Hansel and Gretel, or just think "Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble"], and asks her if he can read the New York Times, while she is at the computer, (which she has had for about 3 hours at least while she has been on or waiting for a computer and not reading), and she says she will be "reading it in a second as soon as she gets off the computer....in 26 minutes", and then starts calling the man a hog and mumbling obscenities both aloud and under her breath when he tries to reason with her, about sharing the paper. Where's an ice floe when you need one!..(or even an ice axe, though it may take some garlic, a wooden stake, a crucifix, and a silver bullet)..I bet her report card was filled with 'Does NOT Play well With Others' !!!!!


Anyway, it is 95 degrees with a heat index of 100 degrees, and thunder boomers forecast for this afternoon. I have no idea what I am going to do today, ( I have a combined 20 minutes left on both phones, so feel free to call...especially if you have a place to stay at the beach, or a swimming pool or even a large kiddie pool and a hose...and a cold beer.....and if you have any and all of the above 'aqua-entertainment resources' & a barbecue grill and charcoal, I can bring a six pack and lunch/dinner!!....and if you are a single female and have them, we can discuss me having your baby!....LOL!!!...[hey, childbirth can't be worse than all the other physical/surgical extremes I've been through...I've already been through the equivalent of a 'C-Section'............LOL!!!!!), other than try to stay cool. (Don't mind me, it's just the heatstroke and low blood sugar and lack of caffeine affecting the remaining partially functioning brain cells I have left). I have not yet heard from Jenn about plans for tonight/tomorrow. I am not in the mood to go down to ARTScape this afternoon and chance the weather. I have not eaten yet and I did not want to pick up anything at the Giant and risk spoilage due to the heat, (I bought some lunch meat last week that had to dumped before I had a chance to eat it), so I may head back there and then right over to the Starbucks, or maybe go to Whole Foods after I get there and spend a little extra for freshness and safety, (unless I do the canned or pouched tuna route, or P B & J,...etc.).
For some reason I am having back problems recently, pain and spasms, and with the heat any walking, especially with my bag/s, aggravates it. I am low on my meds so I am trying to stretch the 'bupes' and not take an extra one unless the misery factor reaches the point where it outweighs frugality.
I'm offline for now, I'll be back at some point...maybe today, definitely tomorrow.
Later.................Dave

No comments: