Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"So What Do You Think Of Red China?" ........"Not On A Blue Tablecloth!"

Good Afternoon;
I just got back from a leisurely late lunch with my old friend Patti, at the Golden Dragon. I have not been there for 30+ years but the same hostess/waitress sat us and served us, just like in 1976! Must be some sort of secret ancient Eastern elixir keeping her looking the same...not more than a day over 95!...LOL!
We had Shrimp Toast that was neither greasy nor burnt, and over stuffed with a wonderful filling with a custard like texture and a taste that made you close your eyes and sigh!. The Won-ton soup was wonderful, and the Shrimp in Lobster sauce, (with Black Bean Sauce), was awesome! And I don't like Chinese Food!!
Patti and I tried to get caught up and reminisce at the same time and ran out of time before we ran out of topics. Now that we are back in touch we plan to stay so, and get together sometime again...soon.
I'm back here at the library trying to figure out what to do now, I've no money so my options are limited to here or the coffee shop...and I really don't want to go out and deal with the heat....
Time's up now....so if you hear from me again today...you'll know which i chose!....lol.
Later....................Dave

No comments: