Monday, July 5, 2010

"Gunpowder And Gratitude....................................."

Good Morning;
I ended up crashing at Jenn's again last night. It's good to be rehabilitated enough in their eyes so that even though tempers and tensions may be raised in proportion to the temperature, humidity, dewpoint, and heat index, they are willing to welcome-accept-tolerate..(in proportion to the time already spent there....LOL!)..my presence/company to prevent me from having to suffer through Code Red levels of heat and pollution dangers. (I do tend to fall into the category of 'high risk' even though I don't exhibit or even realize it in daily activity, due to the heart, BP, lung, and liver issues that on their own are not critical but combined and exacerbated by poor air quality and possible dehydration and hyperthermia.).
I am truly grateful that I am indoors so much more than in previous years and try to express this by making myself available as much as possible for 'monstersitting' duties, and by picking up the slack, (and the more I pick up the more there seems to be...LOL!), in any household duties I can by cooking, cleaning, and feeding the inmates of this asylum.

The next 3 days, (Mon., Tue., & Wed.), are supposed to be brutal and with most likely record tying or breaking highs, and 'high lows', reaching 100 degrees or more, so I'm willing to eat as much crow, humble pie, and kiss as much familial ass as needed to stay cool and safe....lol,...but seriously....damn skippy!

But, of course if anyone else needs a house guest/domestic slave for a day or two.........I'm sure Tom, (and Edward...for sure...lol!), would be happy to lease my contract!

Last night the symphony of illegal fireworks harmonized with the rolling thunder of illegal firearms in the annual Baltimore Gansta' Serenade. The sky waass illuminated by the sparkle of bottle rockets and roman candles, with the occasional display quality mortar smuggled in from Tennessee or Kentucky, and the strobscopic blinking of muzzle flashes and flying brass.

Baltimore: The City That REloADS!!"

Later................Dave

No comments: