Friday, May 15, 2009

"Another One Rides The Bus.........or.......'Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On'........."

Good afternoon;

I woke up this morning feeling like 2 bags of dead mice. Between the sinus pressure and the excruciating back pain, and the swelling in my abdomen, from the liver problems,I kinda thought it was time to see the doctor, again. So after going into the Giant and using the facilities and dumping the pennies, that were all the money that I had into the CoinStar machine, and finding that I had enough for a cup of coffee, I hit the Starbucks, and then the clinic. I had only a short wait, (1&1/2 hours), and was informed..
"Your liver is really swollen, your sinuses are inflamed and swollen, and it seems that the deteriorating disks in your back are also.......and according to these answers, you're showing serious symptons of depression...do you feel depressed, are you suicidal?"....(real quote).
I replied, " Well, since I knew these things and came to you with this information first, looking for the reasons why, I am no longer suicidal....homicidal from the incompetence maybe, but I don't want to kill Myself anymore!!!"
For some strange reason this got me a very weird look!
The conclusion, "we need to run more tests", and the results of the last set I asked, "oh ..um..well, those seem to have 'gone missing' during a 'clean up'.............Yeah...............so I wasted 4 hours, not counting travel, that I could have used at the morning rush hour to try to acquire some money to eat and get meds with.
.....Inhale.....hold..........exhale..sloooooowly...repeat.
I had to cash in pennies this morning to get coffee (and still had to borrow one), because the $2.06 that I told you about last night went to this woman on the bus so that she could take her kids ti the babysitter's, so she could get to work. She had a disability pass, (she was on crutches with a broken leg), and the driver would not cut her any slack or give her a break to travel about 2 miles up the road in the pouring rain with 2 toddlers. Me and the 2 other folks on the bus came up with $3.50 between us so she could get a day pass for the kids. The driver almost refused to let her buy one, and was on her cell phone talking trash about all of us for some reason, I don't want to claim it was racially motivated, but in the light of the circumstances...well i'm just sayin'....
I stopped in at the gas station to use the bathroom and fill my waterbottle lastnight before trying to sleep, (insomnia has been a big, big problem in the last week, my mind won't stop stressing out), and it started to pour like the Flood was coming again. I was trapped for about an hour, so I sat and watched the lottery and TV, an acquaintance and Keno player, Gary came in, and when he hit for a moderate sized win, said there was an $8.00 credit on the machine, and he felt that I was about to get lucky, and the numbers I play when I have money were going to hit...well it was a lovely gesture, but the only luck I had was bad!, 8 separate games, 160 possible number choices, and not one of my picks came up...I'm glad it was not my money this time, but God Bless you for trying to help, Gary.
The rain finally stopped and I went across the street and raided the Dunkin Donuts dumpster for dinner and todays breakfast, I don't want to see the "Wizard Of Oz" for a long, long time...(I've had enough stale "Munckins"). Anyway, I've GOT to go find some cash,
I'm out of money,
I'm out of meds,
I'm out of options,
I'm goin' outta my mind!
Maybe I'll get afew bucks and find a bookie and win on the Preakness!
What???
"it could happen!!!"
Life's a bitch, if I don't check out tonight,...see ya tomorrow,
...................Dave

No comments: