Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Don't Crush That Dwarf...........Hand Me The Pliers........."

Hello;
Yeah, it's me again, we just got back from the Pikes Diner, where Rachel charmed everyone and made new friends with all the staff.
So, I also went to the optometrist on Tuesday and got an eye exam and fitted for glasses, this pair being 9 years old, I kinda figured it's time.....LOL.
I was in town so I stopped by the corner of MT. Royal and North by MICA and held up my sign for an hour, until it started to rain cats and dogs. 8 people stopped to donate, all were women of a similar age and (I'm guessing from cars and clothes and 'aura') economic status, as I was walking back to the light rail, and getting soaked to the skin, I realized that I was wearing my khakis, and button down Brooks Brothers shirt (a hand me down!!), and had recently shaved. It also hit me that most of the women were in the 'soccer mom' demography.....hhhmmmm I wonder if there is some deeper connotation here???....................LOL.
Well the addition of a few more dollars and the fact that I was cold and soaked, again influenced me to 'blow the works and get a room, I'm glad I did, because it turns out the roof of my little shed is coming down...now I have to worry about tonight and the next few days because the forecastis calling for rain!! Rain!! RAIN!!!! still........oh loverly! I think that I will go out to the corner again after Rachel and I are through here..(she is on the kid's computer at the moment).
I mean...'one never knows...do one?'.......I also have to acquire a stash for her birthday next week, after a long time I am in a mentally functional position to actually celebrate 'with her'. Going to the doctor's, the act in and of itself, has helped me to start to 'move', to begin the process of gaining some mementum, and taking advantage of what is available in the way of assistance..it may only be baby steps in the eyes of some, but for me, it's as if someone gave me a pair of seven league boots, I just have to KEEP motivated, when the depression starts to sabotage my efforts...(as I feel it beginning already), it is a very insidious disease, and it's most deadly weapon is the 'why bothers'. I am trying hard to fight it this time, the loss of another 'safe' hidey-hole is a real bitch though.
It seems that if I could acquire all the monies I do, in however many ways that I do, in one fell swoop I could get a place, and start from there...but it all seems to come in in dribs and drabs...oh well.......time for another sh*t bath...it's a good thing I eventually come out smelling like a rose...slightly wilted sometimes.."but a rose by any other name...."............More this evening.....Rachels calling............
..............................Dave

No comments: