Thursday, May 7, 2009

"I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus........"

Hello;
Luuuuuuccccyyyy I'm Hooome;
Ya Know....Of all the things I've lost in life....I miss my mind the most!!
Does anyone get the references in the titles of this post and the three from yesterday?
No fair answering if ya gotta GOOGLE it, then again, they're from the late '60s and early '70s, and were very popular with "Dead Heads" and fans of "Acid Rock".....LOL!!!
"Why Does The Porridge Bird Lay His Egg In The Air?"
Okay...Back to your alternate reality...which is already in progresss!
I think, and I hope, that everyone who has been reading realizes that when I talk about my money problems, (and windfalls and solutions), I am not solicting anyone for anything, although I must be honest and tell you that some folks have sent donations, and I have gratefully accepted and appreciated them. Some have written to suggest ideas for money making possibilities and I have explored some of these, and discussed them with peoples whose opinions I respect. One of these is trying to get a Peddler's license and a tax number, and a few people have suggested putting ads on this site. Another is to try to find a way to profit from my writing..but that seems to me to be a pipe dream, in today's market...but I'm looking.
Now...with that disclaimer out of the way, I am going to solicit you....but not for charitable donations....(though I could set myself up as a 'non-profit'..just look at my tax returns for the past few years..LOL!)
I had put together a small (about 22 page) selfpublished book of poetry some years ago, just for myself and I gave away a hundred or so copies over the years, to folks who appreciated my stuff at readings and workshops, etc. It was never sold, and is not realy more than a xeroxed 8&1/2 x 11 inch chapbook.
Each copy costs me about $2.40, and I figure envelopes and postage should be around a $1.60..(I've rounded off for ease), so cost is approx. $4.00 each. I'm going to offer these 20 poems at a suggested price of $6.00 and anything else anyone may want to add is not only welcome but deeply appreciated............times up..back soon......Dave

No comments: