Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"To Be....'Continued'.......or............Y'all Come Back Now...Y'Heah'......."

Good Afternoon.....Again;
So..........obviously I did not get detained or remanded, of course with the recent occurrences reported in the news of cell phone smuggling and other contraband found inside the wonderfully safe and secure correctional institutions in the State of Maryland......????.............LOL!
I have to return to see the Master at the end of June with $300.00 and proof of medical status and documentation of pending claims and cases with S.S.

They want paper.......I've got paper!...4 years of lies, evasions, and excuses from D.S.S. and S.S.,...(and plastic film).....X-rays, MRIs, CAT Scans, Sonograms, EEGs, Ekgs, Blood Tests, Biopsy results.

Of course this master is really not concerned about any of that, all he wants is money paid, he more or less said he did not care how it was acquired, by inferring, (or is it implying, I can never remember?), that it was not his problem, as long as it was paid, whether I had a job or not.
He also gave me a card of a lawyer who does disability cases, pulled it right from his briefcase, right there at the bench, and said he wants to see proof that I called...Hmmmmm...see title of previous post.

Okay, it's too late to be able to get all the way back to Pikesville, pick up my bags at Rachel's mom's house and go down to the corner to try to start building up some cash...(you know that if I do come in with the money, he's going to tell me to bring at least the much each time, and from observing the frequency levels in prior cases, that is every one or two weeks. If I could get a guaranteed $300.00 every week, I would not be on the street. Of course things like that don't matter, when he asked sarcastically, where do I sleep in a tent or in an empty building, and I replied (with some heat myself), Yes, I do!, and he asked where and I gave him some details, it kinda shut him up for a second.), sorry side tracked again,..so I am sitting here in the Towson library again, wondering what I can accomplish on this side of town? It seems that all the places I need to go to will be closed before I can get there, or I don't have the need paperwork with me at the moment. Figures...LOL

Let's see....what did I do this weekend? After I signed off Saturday I went out to the corner and caught a little bit if the Preakness crowd on the way home, I must have caught all the losers, or the fact that bringing one's own beer was banned made for fewer generous drunks, i made enough to get some dinner, and breakfast on Sunday, and my primary objective, enough for a few days meds.

I had tried to hook up with the temp agency to work on the cleanup detail Saturday night, if I got signed on I could have faked it enough, and used a trash grabber to avoid bending over, to get through one day and night. They somehow had record of my dis ability claim in their records and would and will not hire me for any more physical work, and I don't meet the specifications or qualify for any of the office or lighter work. I also found out from some other homeless guys that this year they hired 100 less people than last year, due to the smaller crowd and the economy. I used to be a very profitable business that not to many people knew about, cleaning up after events, (ball games too, but they are usally locked up early on for long term), finding cash and converable to cash portable abandoned property. Oh well, maybe next year.

There was a body found in my stomping grounds Sunday night, I had an e-mail from a concerned friend checking on me.....Thanks Anne!, it's kinda cool how one can make a friend through the magic of electrons, and worry and care and feel hapy for them, and never have met,..(and through CL yet!)........maybe some day...........[right "merywidow?...]

I went out searching for them Sunday morning and then went to the corner for the better part of the day and tried to build up some money to make at least a token payment for today, obviously I did not, it was a slow day.

This is a copyrighted piece reprinted from The Baltimore Sun Online.
Gotta give credit where credit is due to keep it legal..(I hope.....LOL)!


Time to come out of the 'crazy closet'
By Janet Gilbert
May 18, 2009
I happen to know a lot of people who are mentally ill. And I look forward to meeting more mentally ill folks every year.I'm speaking of people who suffer from anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and a whole host of anxiety disorders. Friends, family members, co-workers, bosses, service providers - all creative, productive, intelligent individuals whom I respect and admire. Their stories are not mine to tell, so I'm not going to have a big old Oprah moment here and divulge their details. But I am going to say that I have walked with the National Alliance on Mental Illness for the past three or four years in an effort to bring mental illness out of the "crazy closet." It seems the entertainment media is slowly getting it, producing popular programs like House, In Treatment and Monk. These programs underscore the fact that mentally ill people walk among us: working, having families, contributing, sometimes needing help. Just like any so-called average American. In fact, one could argue that the mentally ill are your average Americans. According to the NAMI Fact Sheet, one in four adults - or 57.7 million Americans - experience a mental health disorder in a given year.
And yet, there persists a stigma. If someone needs insulin, due to the medical condition known as diabetes, paramedics and teachers and police officers all know what to do. There is no shame factor that the afflicted person has to overcome just to ask for help. After all, the condition is not their fault; nor is it the fault of their parents' parenting. But let's take a moment to consider the individuals suffering from the medical condition known as major depressive disorder - a biologically based brain disorder. Here are just a few of the insensitive things that people routinely blurt out to those who are "down in the dumps:" Why don't you pull yourself up by your bootstraps, suck it up, put one foot in front of the other, keep on keepin' on, because God helps those who help themselves ... I could go on. But you're smart enough to get my point. Who wants to ask for help if it amounts to admitting a character flaw?In the past 12 months, I have learned of two teens in my town who have committed suicide - the third leading cause of death for ages 10-14, according to NAMI. Their pain was profound, perhaps exacerbated by a mental illness. Maybe, if we all come out of the crazy closet, we could extend support as a society to individuals suffering from mental illness and make life bearable for someone in the throes of darkness and confusion.When I walked recently with NAMI in College Park, I joined a team called the "Stigma Busters." I love this Howard County team because it was started by a friend of mine - a boy of 15 who was courageous enough to agree to be interviewed for a feature piece I was writing on the NAMI walk a few years back.The walk was exceptionally crowded, which was at once exhilarating and annoying. We were a sea of people, walking slowly, shoulder to shoulder in the drizzle. We will continue to march until mental illness is regarded just like any other illness. That's my dream - and it's no hallucination.Janet Gilbert, a freelance writer, lives in Woodstock. Visit her at http://www.janetgilbert.net/.

It struck a chord with me that is still vibrating! A couple words jumped off the page at me, and her seeming understanding and compassion of how difficult it is to make a 'normal' person comprehend the swirling screaming maelstrom that is my conscious and subconscious mind and thought processes and the almost impossible task of 'how' to express them to you.

I'm going to head back to Pikesville now, I may be back on this evening at the library there after I see Rachel again.........later........Dave









No comments: