Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Would You Like A Little Cheese With That WHINE?????........"

Hello Moron;
Right back atcha:
To the so, so polite person who just sent me the eloquent and concise e-mail asking why (....in 65 curse words or less....gotta tell ya buddy...the old adage, "A poor vocabulary is the sign of a low intelligence" is proven in your case....)I don't go shower at a shelter, (while he himself admits that he would never use one..[profanity deleted])...I'll tell you,..1)-I am still suffering the effects of the Foot Fungus I acquired when I showered at the city's Code Blue facility..2)- I was re-infected with Pneumonia at a shelter..3)- They are just nasty..4)- The odds of one's possessions being rifled, at a minimum, and stolen at the max, are better than even..5)- The one shelter that I would bathe at, MCVETs does not open until 6:00pm, and to get in I have to go to D.S.S. at Broadway and Harford Rd. at North Ave., put up with the guards trying to tell me I cannot bring my bag in, and then watch while they paw through it in retaliation after I stand up for my rights, then sign in and wait for at least an hour and a half, then be assigned a number and wait another hour and a half at least, then tell a bored social worker that all I need is a referral, (the only way other than being a vet to get in), and wait while she/he goes and searches for the same records that the desk looked at, then okays the referral, then I go back out and wait until it actually get written. that's the whole day pretty much shot, and this has to be done every day, unless I can make one of the rare workers with common sense see the reasoning that it is more practical to write a weeks worth at once, (but my case worker left to get a real job so it ain't happening!!). then the shelter does not put the cots out until around 11:00 pm. so there is nowhere to sit other than chairs that exacerbate my back injuries, then the lights go out around midnight, I have problems sleeping so I usually cannot fall right to sleep, about 2:00am. I will fall asleep.....ding.ding ding ding.ding..it's 4.30 AM.!! light on everybody up and put the cots away....and then you can either hit the street or go sit in the gym/rec room for 2 hours when you re thrown out, in folding chairs or those molded plastic airport and waiting room chairs from the '60s...and you cannot sit or lay on the floor????.......OKAY...would you choose this? That's why I don't use the shelters. OKAY I feel better..........I just gotta remember.."you can't argue with a closed mind"..
see you later........Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I sent you another response but not sure if you got it.