Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Chicken Soup For The Homeless Soul............or..........Like The Checkers Commercial sez....'Ya Gotta Eat!!!!'........"

Good evening;
As you may remember, I started this blog with the intention of showing my gratitude to those nameless folks who stop and help me out, with either money or other Random Acts of Kindness, all the new readers who are stopping by due to those little slips of paper I handed you at the intersection, to borrow the essence of a line from Budweiser:
"This Blog's For YOU!!".................Thanks, and the next time you see me stop and say hello, it's not a requirement to give anything, the smiles care and concern are a blessing too.
I just had one of those slap yourself on the forehead and exclaim, "I coulda had a V8!!" moments on the way home from Towson. Only in my case it was more like a, "I shoulda ATE!!!"........I was on the platform for the Light Rail at Lutherville, and I started feeling a little dizzy and lightheaded, and started over to the benches to sit down, rememebering the Blood Pressure spike that put me in the hospital 3 weeks ago. Next thing I know, I'm face down on the bricks and someone is saying, 'I know CPR' and rolling me over, I opened my eyes and saw 4 of the most incredible violet eyes I have ever seen looking at me with concern and a deep compassion, mixed with a combination of knowledge and competence, (turns out that there was only one woman, and I was still having trouble getting my eyes focused..........LOL).
I said I really didn't need CPR, and I'd prefer to keep my ribs unbroken at this time, (IF you are doing it with enough pressure to start a heart...you're gonna break at least one rib, [ask a paramedic]), but I'd be willing to settle for mouth-to-mouth, after she stopped laughing she said she thought I'd be okay, but wanted to check my BP and pulse etc. just to be sure if I did not mind. It turns out Becky is a CCU/heart trauma nurse who was on her way to work at a major internationally recognized teaching hospital in Baltimore City, (she requested the vagueness..but there are only 2 hospitals, with 4 locations ig anyone is trying to guess who................LOL). As she interviewed/triaged me to try to find out a cause, she asked me what I had eaten and when, to see if food poisoning was a factor....well after we worked backwards to yesterday.....it turns out I kinda...uh..forgot to eat, since last evening at Rachel's, and even then my stomach was in such aknot, it was only a some lettuce she picked for me that she grew in her garden. I tend to not eat when under stress, like worrying about court, or jail, or meds , or not knowing where to sleep, you know the minor stuff. She had a thermos of chicken soup and some crackers...how fitting!!!..LOL................Thanks Becky, I owe ya one, though....I still woulda liked the artificial respiration!
Another nice gesture was from the gentleman who saw me on the bus stop after I went to Rachel's and got my bags and sleeping bag. I was searching my pockets for something and he crossed the street and offered me his daily bus pass as he was finished with it, now this was a busy stretch of Park Heights Ave. and it took a good 10 or 12 minutes for him to come over and back, and I already have monthly pass, (Ialmost fely guilty for having one I told him and he laughed........LOL)
Okay time up and it's closing time.........................later........Dave
(I'm listening to willie Nelson's Greatest hits, circa 1981....man, I don't want to leave, but they won't let me sleep here.............................D

No comments: