Thursday, May 21, 2009

HELLO

Good afternoon;
It's the little things sometimes that add up to help keep me going. I was in the Starbucks this morning and Jonathan asked if I wanted my receipt, I told him not unless it was one of the surveys that reward you with a free drink for answering, and it wasn't. A few minutes later he and Erica presented me with a few of the survey rcpts., they said that a lot of customers do not want to bother with them but that the register automatically spits them out anyway. So I brought them here, filed them online and now have some free drinks in reserve. Thanks guys.
I was asked why I pay Starbucks prices for coffee when I could more for less at 7/11. Not so!! I pay $1.67 for a Grande drip coffee with my 10% Gold Card, (which is actually black..???) discount and $0 .10 off for using a mug not a paper cup, and as long as a balance is kept on a registered Starbucks gift card, (I had a balance of $0.04 for the longest time), refills are free. I drink about 5 cups of coffee during the course of a day, so my per cup price is amortized at $0.33@. can't beat that!
I left here yesterday afternoon, flat broke..no, I'm wrong..I had $0.32 in pennies rolling around in the bottom of my bag...LOL. I ended up having a good day, in only an hour, and only 7 folks stopping, I left with $30.00. I want to thank the guy in the SUV who almost crawled halfway out of the passenger window and talked with me about clean dates, the wished me luck and gave me a $20.00. Sometimes just emitting good vibes can come back at you, if yoy rememeber I was in a real good mood for no discernable reason, and I went out with the attitude of, ah well, it's okay, thae weather's beautiful and if I don't make any money, I get to look at pretty cars and girls, (I can be fairly easily amused at times..told you ladies..I'm a cheap date, and a good laugh!!). THEN, Michelle drove by..AND caught the light so we could talk for a minute...my day was made!!! Then the fella gives me 20! on the next batch of cars to go by.
I'm outta time see you tonight.Dave

No comments: