Friday, May 1, 2009

"When Pigs Fly......or........H1N1 Influenza A........Hey Look, That Swine Flew!!..................."

Hello;
Ya know...one of the really good things about the Internet is that when I indulge my passsions for horribly bad puns...(the best kind!, is that I'm beyond reach of all but a select few....hee...hee...hee...hee.There is no context for the title today, it just struck me..(as some of you may want to), as funny.

The 1,000th visitor showed up minutes after I signed off last night,They are on the West Coast, their ISP is Verizon,they are running a MAC with OSX and Safari 1.3 Browser, and were referred by Google at 4:50 Pacific Time, (7:50 EDT). Welcome.
From the time I signed off last night until now their have been 29 hits, I know that in the grand scheme of things in the world of blogging this is bupkis, but hey somtimes i get only 1 or 2 hits a day, and a great many of these new hits are scattered across the country, Canada, and Spain, and many are universities. Wow! I am honored, humbled, and gratified. I also feel a bit of pressure to produce things that will keep folks coming back. I am inspired by the thought that maybe this, combined with some sort of service to others is the vehicle, or tool that will help me off the streets...well at least I feel that way now, we'll see how I feel when the next cycle of depression kicks in...LOL. But seriously, I thank all those who have contacted me with words of inspiration and encouragement,and hopes and prayers.

I am truly grateful for the gifts given and will try to 'pay it forward' and keep the karma rolling along.
It's Friday afternoon, and the library is loaded up, the computers are being monopolized by a large number of Yeshiva boys/young men, must be that period between classes and synagogue....i notice that all the women are absent...they're home doing all the work. I lived 'in' that culture for a while but could never enter into to become a part 'of' it. I am asked why I don't go to JCS..(Jewish Community Services an umbrella organization, under the auspices of The Associated) for some sort of assistance, well...I DID, twice, they were broken down into separate entities at the time, I went to J.A.{addictive} S., back in '99 when I got out of jail, for a while things were fine, they put me in touch with the 'House Of Hope', a recovery house, where I stayed for a month and a half...(that's a nightmare for another day), and I participated in group and individual therapy and counseling. I developed a deep and trusting relationship with my therapist, and told her everything, and for me that takes a lot of trust, I was and still able to get by and/or fool most mental health professionals if I am in a situation where I do not feel a connection...(hell all I have to do is tell them the facts, I've got so much, "Oh my God..No Way" in my life, that usually leaves them gasping). But with Mary S. I trusted, liked and believed her, and I opened up totally, and then came the day she told me she was leaving and going into private practice, and that she would coordinate with my new therapist and introduce us, etc... all the proper ethical tansfer procedures. And I said..NO!, I'll figure out the finances somehow, and I'll follow you where you locate your office. NOTE!!==SHE DID NOT RECRUIT OR SOLICIT ME She attempted t convince me to stay with J.A.S. but I demurred and decided to use them only for group. J.A.S. told me I was prohibited from seeing her as a private client, and threatened me with ejection from their programs, after I explained, quite bluntly that they were welcome to try to bar me, and I relished the court case that this would bring, they relented. This soured me on the organization, and after hearing my case being discussed in public, names and all, while the staff involved did not see me around the side of a bulletin board, and then being hounded by the collection department fot a $10.00 balance,(I'm on blackout in a halfway house at the time with no income!), that was the final straw.
Fast forward to last year, Rachel's mom, my ex, gets herself $3000.00 in debt with BG&E,(don't let me get started on THAT!!), and ends up with the power turned off, (the gas remained on for couple months longer), she goes to J. F.(family)S. for help, first they don't want to meet her when she is off work, telling her basically..'these are the office hours, take it or leave it', so she had to miss time from work...(this eventually was a factor in her being laid off from CitiGroup when cuts were made), and on top of that they made her take all kinds of resume and job skills classes..(she's employed at a good job all this time), before thaey would talk to her...and THEN!!...and this is where I almost lost it and....well let's just say that if it was not for some good friend's counsel and holding me back...i would not have access to a computer....you figure it out!), J.F.S. call Child Protective Services, a city/state agency and tells them my daughter is in a house without power..now this is in the early summer, no heat issues, and there was hot water and cooking gas,... C.P.S. comes out and says if Rachel stays there they,(CPS) will put her in custody!!!!...Well she was able to stay with friends and relatives for a couple months until the money was raised. J.F.S. made my daughter homeless!, instead of trying to fix the problem, they put her on the street.....yes I have such major issues with them that I cannot bring myself to go to them.
{I hope you can understand now,(for T.T.)}
I want to send my thanks out to Nathan, for the kind words, his loyal readership and the distribution across the 'net that his blog/website entry seems to have spawned.
And also to Jeremy for his support.
The library is closing soon, and I may not get on tomorrow, as I am "steppin'out with my baby"...Rachel and I are going to the Kinetic Sculpture Race, and the Flower Mart, and to see Kat's Thesis Exhibition.
And the library is closed on Sundays until October, unless I get to Towson.....hmmmmm, the Towsontown Spring Festival
and Baltimore County 350th Anniversary Celebration is this weekend, maybe I will be back on line....if not..see you Monday
Thanks.............Dave

No comments: