Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Back From The Shadows Again........................"

Good Morning;
So....it's been a couple of days since I really wrote any thing, sorry about that. Of course it figures that there have been more folks stopping by for a look-see in the past few days than in som previous months.....LOL. Where have I been? Well, Saturday I spent the day and evening with my daughter, Rachel. We went to the annual Flower Mart in Mt. Vernon Square and had a lovely time, she tried her first "lemon stick" (a Baltimore tradition, cut the top third off a fresh lemon and poke a hole in the center, then insert a peppermint stick about 3 inched long, into the hole. You then suck out the juice usig the candy cane as a straw. she is still talking about it! We browsed all the stalls and since we ended up being there near closing time on the last day, everthing was discounted or being given away. we also painted a picture at the Walters Art Museum Booth. then the light rail to the end of the line and Mickey D's....a 5 year old (in a week) is cheap date..Thank goodness!!
Sunday the library was closed and I spent the whole day in the coffee shop watching the pouring rain. I had a streak of luck (?) that morning, on a hunch I bought a scratch off with my last $3.00, and actually bought the wrong one!, as I was cussing myself for my own stupidity..I realized that it was a $100.00 winner, I played 5 more times and stopped, winning another $23.00! This allowed me to pay a few debts off and to get a room out of the rain in the cheapest motel around, (which ain't cheap!!), and shower in the morning.
On Monday, since I felt human and clean, I was able to go to the doctor. I got referrals to the psychaitrist, podiatrist, optometrist, and addictions specialiatrist.....(yeah I know that's not really a word..but what the heck..I was on a roll.....LOL). I got prescription filled for my blood pressure meds, and for a foot problem. I did not even get to the Starbucks until a few minute before closing, and I lucked out there too, as they were just clearing out the day old stock.
It started to pour again and I decide to spend anothe night inside, and go to some more doctors appointments...even though the expense would bring me to the brink, the peace of mind was sorely needed.
Rachel is here at the library now...I am going to finish this later....keep checking in ...................................Dave

No comments: