Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"I Can See Clearly Now".....or........."True Colors"

Good Afternoon;
I was just sitting down to write and the phone rings, and on a hunch, (using up my last minute), I answered, it was the optician, my glasses are ready. Another example of trusting intuition, like when the lottery calls me. I usually win, well I do, I am working on an approximately 85% correct streak.....of course the minute I attempt to put down more than $1.00, or $2.00, or at the most $3.00, we all know that it's gonna not even be close...LOL.
So I am leaving now to go get them fitted and adjusted, I may be back tonight.
One, note I would like to insert, someone said something to me this morning at the coffee shop regarding the web page I promoted yesterday, http://www.returnvoyage.com/ , and my friends, 'Iokepa and Inette, that ticked me off. they made a comment to the effect, (leaving out the profanity, ignorance and violent references...[it's amazing how many people are on computers..who should be on Thorazine]), of {paraphrasing}, "oh great another group of lazy, useless, lowlifes trying to scam a buck, why don't they get a job and quit bitching, what do they have to complain about...". Well since 'you cannot reason with a closed mind' I took advantage to put into practice an old adage I was reminded of in a book I am reading, (an anthology called "The new Space Opera"..the story - 'The Worm Turns'), "Never Pass Up The Chance To Stay Quiet"!
I just want to state for the record, that these folks, my friends I am proud to say, are both; intelligent, educated, kind, compassionate, caring, spiritual and Passionate in their belief and their quest. they both had successful careers, which they voluntarily gave up, after being 'called' to perform these tasks, of educating, and informing others, and keeping alive the history of the Native Hawaiian people. I am getting nothing from this so I have no stake in the matter other than friendship, (and of course the deeper spiritual and emotional issues). Look at the site, read the excerpts from the soon to be released book.."Grandmother's Whisper", look at the section called 'the Ever Changing Page', and see for yourself..........thanks for letting me get on my soapbox, for this subject.....I know what level they lived at for 17 years to carry the message, NOBODY does that without something worthwhile to say and a deep belief in their quest.
later...............Dave

No comments: