Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rachel Eating An Ice-Cream At A Truckstop In Japan

Good Evening;
I've got to be quick, it is almost closing time, it's been a busy day.
Today was a very good day, first the Starbucks at St Thomas was filled to bursting with 'soccer moms'....(Shhh..that's my little secret...keep all those hot models in their limos...just give me an upper middle class divorced woman in a mini-van!)................LOL

And, it is Rachel's Birthday!!!! she's 5, what a fun age. I blew all my money at the dollar store, and got kites and crafts, and books, and so on...went for quantity, rather than one or two large things...and she had a ball going over each one. I have the most AMAZING kid!!
I showered, and shaved, and Yakira took the clippers and gave me a 'buzz cut', and I washed clothes. it was a VERY good day.
I even made it down to the corner and recouped my dollar store expenditure!
Now, back at the library for a minute.
Okay, did you see the article on the front page of yesterdays (Tue.) Baltimore Sun, and in todays also on the OP/ED and letters pages? About the backlog of cases in the state D.S.S. and federal S.S.I. systems?
I am not just blowing smoke, am I!
The part that really vindicated me was the confirmation of the attitudes and surliness that is experienced by applicants, as well as the waits, and the "LOSS" (wink wink) of documentation.
It Ain't Just Me!!!
Gotta run.........Dave
The title is a real song..cool huh!!

No comments: