Monday, April 5, 2010

"And The Other Shoe Drops!........................WHAM!!!!"

Good Evening;
Well first the happy stuff, I stopped over Jenn's and had the house all to myself for a few hours, so I showered, washed and dryed clothes, and pigged out on her meatloaf while watching the cable. Once I sat down, it was all over and I never made it to the dinner Saturday evening. Sunday after spending the morning sitting and enjoying the sun and breeze, I picked up Rachel and we went to the Maryland Science Center at the Harbor and saw Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" in 3D on the IMAX. Weird, Wild, and Really Cool!!...(Thanks Marianne...How was Myrtle Beach, and your Easter?)..

We are going to the Circus Wednesday night...(Thanks AGAIN Marianne!!!!!)...and are riding down on the train with Jenn & Tom & Ed & Devin, though they got their half price tickets later and had to settle for upper concourse seats. {Which is really ok, because Rachel and I like to be on our own for the show...more peaceful..enough clowns in the show, don't need clowns like Ed next to us..lol}.

I called Jenn last night and asked to stay over so I could shower in the morning and go to JAI, the edema and BP are beginning to bug me, and slept...HAH!! on the couch. It was one of THOSE nights, head buzzing, upstairs stereo pumping out sub-sonics, legs aching and cramping, and arms and legs going numb...sleep..HAH!!

I go to take Devin her milk and turn on the DVD of "The Brave Little Toaster" and the smell knocks me off my feet...She NEVER poops at night like that. So changing a sh*tty diaper was my alarm clock...great.

I finally made it to JAI, and waited 4 hours to see the doctor, when the tech. took my vitals the automatic computer BP machine said it was 119/78....RIIIGGHHHTTTTT!!

When Doctor Richardson took it a few times, it averaged 147/100!!!
I spent a full 40 minutes with the Doc and we discussed most of my medical issues and she sent me for x-rays, blood work and to fill the little cup...lol! She wrote prescriptions for BP meds, and a muscle relaxer, and an anti-fungal to combat the growth creeping up my legs that looks like the body double for the creature from the Black Lagoon.
And Then....THA--DUMMPPP!!!, I went to Giant to fill the 'scrips', and after submitting and resubmitting to JAI and PAC...according to them I don't exist....well I'm reasonably sure that I am here typing this little exercise in exorcism and you are reading it, so my judgement is that they are wrong. I went across the street to the RiteAid where the Pharmacist was not only polite, courteous, and concerned, but actually helpful........180 degrees from the counter person and the pill pushers apprentice at the Giant......and he tried a few diferent ways, but the same result. He proposed a few possibilities to explore with JAI or PAC tomorrow, (and on which I am hoping Liz from Prologue can act as advocate, ombudsman or intercedent for me.....my anxiety already has my BP through the roof again, and my patience and tolerance levels are shot....this frustration reaction being part of the problem that keeps me out here and which kept me from going back to the clinic for 11 and 1/2 months).
For some reason I KNEW that something would f*ck up at the pharmacy level. The last time I tried to get a 'scrip' refilled (from Giant) things got screwed up.
Well if Liz can't deal with it...screw it, no way I can pay for it....and I've gone a half year or more without.
I also found out that JAI has lost their Buprenorphine provider!...(Remember me telling you when I went to try to sign on...the doctor was on 'medical leave' for 3 months or more, with no backup?!......and some people bitch at me for 'taking care of business' on my own in a legitimate, if not legal manner?
Doctor Richardson told me, that if I can get HCH to take on my account or switch me to another provider/HMO, or better yet, to qualify for or be ablE to bill Medical Assistance...grab it and run with it!
Okay the library is throwing me out now.......
........Later................Dave


No comments: