Saturday, April 10, 2010

"The People Have Spoken...................................."

Good Morning;

Well April can't decide if it wants to be August or March. It was a wee bit chilly last night and this morning, and 4 days ago it hit 91 degrees.

I was in the Starbucks last night, and the heating system there is schizophrenic...or maybe bipolar, lol!...swinging between too warm and too cool. When I left I had only my light weight jacket on and a tee shirt that was damp from perspiration, it was no fun waiting for the buses with the wind that was blowing.


I had one of those 'happy happy joy joy' moments yesterday afternoon when I looked up from my reading at the same time that my friend Michelle and her daughter Remy looked over from the line in front of the register and our eyes met and we burst into smiles..(well Michelle and I did, Remy was playing coy at first...lol!)..With all that has been going on in both our lives we have not been able to actually sit and talk, so these chance meetings compress a lot of emotion into a few minutes, trying to highlight the peaks and valleys of our lives into a sort of 'Cliff's Notes' synopsis. But like a snippet of music from a favorite song, or a breath of scent from a memorable cologne, the emotion and memory lingers coloring and influencing my mood for hours.

I also ran into a young woman, Kelly Walker, an artist, specifically a painter, who I had met and talked with a few times in the past year, who had asked me to vote for her in the Baker Awards. Which is a local competition for artists. She told me she had won one of the $1,000 prizes, The People's Choice Awards, and an exhibition at the Baltimore Museum Of Art, in the McCall Gallery, that is running through June 27th.

I remember asking her, jokingly, the first time I spoke to her after seeing her in Starbucks often in her paint smeared overalls, "Pictures or Houses?", and she replied "Both". Not only is she a fine artist, she is also an architectural artist. Congratulations Kelly!


I'm about to head over to the Starbucks to kill some time now. I amy be stooping at Jenn's to shower later this afternoon or evening, or might just wait until tomorrow, if they are planning to go to church so I can have the house to myself for a while.


If I am not here at the library Sunday, I'll see you all on Monday afternoon. In the morning..(04/12/2010)..I am going to Health Care For The Homeless (HCH) with Liz, my case manager to see what's what, and get some information about my options now that I know that I have had Medical Assistance since last July...(Thanks D.D.S. for informing me of the change....NOT!!!)

Later............Dave


No comments: