Friday, April 23, 2010

"Extended Family.............................OR.........................Be Fruitful And Multiply!!...................."

Good Afternoon;
Well I had an interesting talk with my OTHER long-lost, never-known, new-found cousin. What a strange coincidence, (if you believe in that word...I'll call it synchronicity!). We compared notes of what we knew about aunts and uncles and cousins, on 'both sides of the covers' as they used to say long ago when talking about the hushed up, divorced side of the family, (yes I know that it is also used for mistresses and bastard children, but not in this case). We exchanged numbers and she expressed a desire to stay in touch, maybe meet for lunch sometime soon. It got a little bit emotional, after I showed her the newspaper photo of our grandfather Barbara had sent me, and the list of decendants of his father and his wife, Abraham and Eva Rebecca, and the photocopy of the ship's manifest of the ship that brought them over from Kovno, Russia in 1891.
I then went down to the 7/11 and put $10.00 on my phone from a gift I recieved earlier today...(the 410-908-xxxx number is now active), and called and made a hard confirmation of plans and transport for Sunday
I stopped at the Giant and grabbed lunch and sat outside and read and listened to the Playaway for a couple hours, then came in here to you, loyal reader.
It's close to closing time so I'll say goodbye for now,
and I'll be back tomorrow at some point.
Later........................Dave

No comments: