Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Outreach?............Out Of Range....Out Of Mind..............."

Good Afternoon;
It happened again...last night I called Jenn because I had left my razor at her apt. and I wanted her to stick it outside the door and I'd pick it up on my way past later. She answered the phone and says she is not home, she is entering Starbucks in Mt. Washington just that minute....I started laughing and told her to step out back when she got her tea....I was on the patio.......LOL.
I rode back with her after her meeting and shaved and used the bathroom at her place then took the bus up to the shed.
So I'm in the Towson library again today. I rode over to the Prologue Outreach center in Towson with my case manager Liz, to see what sort of clothing they had..(nothing I wanted, or that fit)..and to check out the place. Showers, washers and dryers, kitchen and some things like mac n cheese, and instant oatmeal, and oodles of noodles, etc. available. Some toiletries and personal care items. A couple rooms to sit in, one filled with guys sleeping on chairs and recliners with their bags around them, other a dining room with table and chairs. Nice enough place...I'll probably never be back there again. Nothing in this area that draws me, except the courthouse, so I am never here without a reason and money. And basically, it is not my 'scene', nor my 'people', I just don't relate to, or identify with those I met, nice enough guys, (the ones who were awake) I guess, but Thank You, I'll Pass. Maybe if it was really nasty out and everywhere else was closed, or if I need some items for hygiene, but that's it.
We started out in the Pikesville office, working on my 'service plan', arranging for her to go to D.S.S. with me on the 16th, and calling Health Care for the Homeless and getting an appt. for the 12th..(both in April)..supposedly HCH can get me out of JAI and into another HMO. I think I still have to go down to JAI at 7:00 am. and sit outside and wait until they open at 9:00 am. to sign in and hope to be seen, I NEED to deal with my hypertension NOW...Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t!!!
I gotta go now, I have to meet Monkee before she goes to work...back at Pikesville later, I hope
and I am officially broke now, less than a dollar in my pocket, I do have $1.73 on my emergency backup Starbucks caffiene fix card though if I do not receive my cash tomorrow.
Looks like I'll have miss Brenda's poetry reading at Red Emma's tonight though.
Later....................Dave

No comments: