Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Time To Break Out The Suit With The ZipLoc Pockets!............................."

Good Evening;
Well I'm sporting the short and fuzzy look thanks to Jenn and the clippers. My 2 year old grand daughter Devon kept running back and forth in the kitchen doorway, eyes wide as saucers, giggling her head off as I got sheared! I sat down on the couch afterwards and she crawls up next to me and rubs her hands over my skull and then rubbing her pet monkey and laughing. I'm a cheap date and good for a laugh too......lol.


I hung out at Jenn's after they left for the playground, showered and watched a bit of TV, and relaxed and enjoyed just being able to do so....inside, on a couch.

When I came in Jenn said,"Tom says he'll give you $10.00 if you take all the trash to the dumpster"...laughing, knowing that I always tend to gather up all the empty soda boxes and whatever had been stuck out on the porch and take it to the dumpster anyway, being anile about the subject. They knew that I was broke and have not been asking them for money, knowing that they have been in a financial pinch recently too. So they decide to help me out in a way that saved face on both sides.

After they came home I went down to Monkee's and left her the $10.00 and picked up the bupes she set aside for me.

I'm broke again, but with a full belly...thanks to Jenn's shrimp, chicken, and veggie pasta in an Alfredo sauce she made last night...and enough meds for the next week,and the peace of mind that comes with that.


I have been making travel arrangements by e-mail for Sunday's Mitzvah Day at Beth Israel, it looks as if I'm going to get picked up at Jenn's place, where I am spending Saturday night so as to be showered and shaved and squeaky clean on Sunday morning. It's both delightful and daunting that the woman who read my story in the JT, and then the blog, thinks I have something to say that is worth hearing and will somehow help to further foster the volunteerism that is one of the purposes of the day.
Well, that's about it for today.
I have a date tomorrow morning with the Pikesville Hilton's Breakfast Buffet....oh yeah and my old friend Mike, who I haven't seen in over 20 years....(damn, has it really been that long?!?!)...who saw the JT or Baltimore Mag, and contacted me by e-mail. We've exchanged phone numbers, but keep playing 'phone tag' and missing one another. I wonder if I'll even recognize him at first?
No worries, everyone seems to think I look the same, and knows who I am, just grayer and fatter, and besides, there are always the photos in the mags. for ID purposes....lol.
Back after breakfast..................Dave

No comments: