Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Run Silent....Run Deep...............Or...........Off To See The Gizzard...."

Good Morning;
What difference between yesterday and today, at least weather-wise, and directly affecting my mood, (or moodiness......LOL), also.
I was in the library for about 4 hours yesterday and on the computer for 45 minutes, and never got around to writing or posting an entry. I spent the time watching "Tin Man" on the portable DVD player and answering and writing e-mails and web surfing.
If you have the chance check out the DVD, it is really cool, a new (2008-09) version of L. Frank Baum's 'The Wonderful Wizard of OZ', set in world where magic and technology, (the same thing, as Arthur C. Clarke said.."Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"), and the look is part lush, green, outdoors epic & part Fritz Lang's "Metropolis"/ Jules Verne "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea", with a taste of "Blade Runner" and the sound of "Harry Potter".
FREE!!! rental at the library!
I met Jenn and Edward at the Giant and she dropped me at Starbucks in the afternoon, then back to the shed, where I passed out from exhaustion and the built up delayed reaction to Monday at HCH. I woke up chilled (but at least the birds were to cold to chirp too!...it was either that or my threats to fricassee the little buggers guts.......lol) and went to the Giant where the coffee machine is still set up to dispense free coffee...Ssshhhhh!...like it was yesterday when all the corporate big-wigs were in the store.
I am on my way to Jenn's to babysit while she goes to the gym, and shower and do laundry. Which is good because I have not enough money to wash, much less dry a load at the laundromat. It is not one of my better months, financially, I'm down to my last $5.00 and I have 5 minutes left on my SafeLink phone & the other one is empty of minutes. I have meds for BP, back muscle strain, and 'The Fungus Humungus' on my leg, and 4 days worth of my 'bupe'. I do have about $100.00 of food credit, but I cannot find anyone to trade with for cash.
Oh well, another month of 'food for thought', as I think about how I really gotta lose weight while munching out on some goodies.....LOL!
I'm hoping that any compensation I may receive from my invitation to speak on the 25th will be in cash..(doubtful), or that they will purchase a postal M.O. if I ask nicely, so I can cash it easily. But in the meantime, it's case of stretching George and pinching Abe until they scream.....lol!
I can't complain too much though, I had a great time with Rachel, twice going to spectacular shows, and being able to buy her a couple gifts 'just because'.
I was also able to send off a few dollars to 2 of the causes I support, again, 'just because', I both needed and wanted to pass on some of my good fortune, when I had it in my pocket.
I'm late for the bus, oops, gotta go, Jenn's waiting for me..........
.......later...............Dave

No comments: