Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"A Little Up...A Little Down........Wash Rinse Repeat.................."

Good Afternoon;
I guess you could call today one of those 'moderation in all things days'.
Nothing's really wrong, yet, nothing's really right...(We are excluding the major minuses such as having a real residence, etc.)...not so much a 'glass half full or half empty' sense of perspective, but a balance of ups and downs.
Starting with last night as I was packing up to leave the coffee shop and someone gave me a packaged breakfast sandwich for the morning and I was having a fun conversation with Ashley and lost track of time, and was 2 minutes late walking across Mt. Washington to the bus loop....and saw the tail lights fade into the distance. The next bus on the 27 route would have let me make my connection to the 59, as it was supposed to arrive 1 minute before the 59 left...but it was 20 minutes late, meaning a 30 minute wait, OR a train ride and yet another bus plus 2 fairly long walks to get back to the shed...I chose to sit for 30 minutes. The bus driver for the 59 pulled in about 18 minutes early and I walked over to get on the bus and sit out of the wind...most drivers will do this, this guy turned all the lights out and went and lay down on the rear most bench of seats and went to sleep. I had to bang on the bus 5 minutes after the time he was supposed to pull off to wake him up, and then the bus was filled with diesel fumes from sitting with the engine running, it's good thing I was there or this guy might be taking a dirt nap!
I finally1 got to the gas station, where the key to the restroom was locked IN the restroom, and it took 20 minutes to locate the spare key. I tried my luck at Keno, (I should have known better and seen this coming), and lost a few dollars. I sat and watched the news and kept an eye on the Keno screen, and my numbers did not come up once in the entire 40 minutes I was there, I'm glad I quit when I did.
I fell asleep just after midnight and woke up cold some time around 2:30 am., after checking to see that the tree was well watered I unzipped and crawled into the sleeping bag and snugged it up tight. It got fairly chilly last night in the suburbs and I stayed in the bag until my back and bladder again forced me to move, about 8:00 am. when I took my meds and lay back down. I stayed there until noon, dozing on and off and just staring at the walls with no desire or reason to move, and even less motivation.
For some reason my side is paining me much more than usual, it may be that I strained it trying to reach some thing in Jenn's back seat Monday night, because I know I pulled something in my chest doing so, or it may be just stress buildup in the nerve nexus. And speaking of Jenn, I called her as I was leaving the shed to see if I could come over and grab a quick shower like we had talked about on Monday, and she had just put the kids in the car and left the house.
I went to the Giant to buy some end of the month, low budget, on sale, food supplies and they were out of the things I wanted, so I had to go with the second team. When I came in the coffee machine was out of order so that did not help, but as I was leaving it had been fixed and I ended up with a Muffin too.
I'm out of time and am going to jump on the bus to the Starbucks now, because it is too raw and damp to sit outside and eat, and because I'm through with writing for the day also!
See you tomorrow.......................Dave

No comments: