Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Not For the Faint Of Heart................"

Good Afternoon;
So.....ANOTHER reason I try to avoid shelters, and soup kitchens, and drop-in centers, and encampments, etc. where many of the chronic, or long term, street level and.....ummm......'lower echelon' homeless gather.
WARNING!!
IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY UGLY REALITY
IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH
IF YOU ARE OF A SENSITIVE NATURE
DO NOT CONTINUE!!
I'M NOT JOKING!
THE FOLLOWING IS F*CKING GROSS AND DISGUSTING!
I stopped in a facility in the City (that will remain unnamed for legal purposes) that offers assistance to the homeless, at times direct, at times through referrals, to try to verify a rumor I heard earlier today regarding a new program that places people in private housing through a need based grant process with few hoops to jump through and very little bureaucratic song and dance, and which had immediate openings with no waiting list and would accept people with PENDING S.S.A. claims.
The rumor was typical of most of it's kind, 1% true & 99% twisted out of context.
While there I needed to use the bathroom. I went into the men's room and stepped into a stall just vacated by a man who was obviously homeless and on drugs, and most likely emotionally, mentally, or developmentally disabled, (to be PC). I immediately exited the stall, gagging and nearly vomiting all over the room.
In the stall, in the bowl, AND ON the toilet seat was feces......which is nasty enough, but which I sometimes see at the library. What had me nauseated beyond belief was the fact that it was crawling with worms!
Never again, am I going to any of these places!
A one in a million occurence you may say...I think not!
And...I don't want to find out!
later.....................Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ew. that was gross. thanks for the warning.