Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Bruin Burgers................or...................Hickory Smoked Smokey......................."

Good Afternoon;
As they say,
"Some days you eat the bear.....and some days the bear eats you!".
Well I'm still savoring the delicate aftertaste of 'Filet of Yogi'.....LOL!
To top off an already amazing day... last night after returning from the coffee shop in Mt. Washington...where I sat on the back patio slowly imbibing an ice cold 'carbonated malted barley pop' and watching the day slide into evening, pastel sky criss-crossed with opalescent glowing contrails fading to indigo speckled with God's little lanterns and the pale light of the waxing gibbous moon...I stopped off at the gas station and played $2.00 on the Keno, just for sh*ts and giggle and because I had $2.00 to spare for the first time in weeks..(thanks Mike)..and won $25.00 on the first game, (which I promptly pocketed!...lol). Well after a few more games showed me that it was going to be a series of play 2 games, win 1 game lose 1 game, over and over trading $2.00 back and forth with the State of Maryland all night long, I called it a night. I hit the shed and watched the last episode of "Jeeves and Wooster", and a couple episodes of "Time Warp", where these two guys with high speed cameras show all sorts of everyday, (and NOT so everyday..think Mythbusters..), things in slow motion...rreeeeeaaaaallllllll sssllllllooooooowwwwwwww mmmmooooottttiiiiooooonnnnn......LOL!...! way cool!
Got up this morning and went to the Giant for coffee, washroom facilities, and food, (in that order..lol), and then sat outside the library at the picnic table and ate and read for an hour or so...and here I am........again.
I guess you can notice the difference and tone in my writing and mood?
Between having enough meds for a few days, a few dollars in my pocket, a few meals worth of food credit available, and the events of yesterday, plus the lovely weather..(and even the threat of rain and thunderstorms are not bothering me........[ yet!.......lol ].....)..thr depression seems to have bottomed out a bit sooner and I'm now on the uphill side of the 'pit of despair'...lol. Things are looking rosier, a mite bit foggy still but with a definite pink tinge around the edges. (And no that is not just bloodshot eyes looking out through a hangover, I only had the one beer...LOL)
I'm still somewhat nervous about tomorrow, but if I was in the same mindset as I was earlier this week, I'd have blown it off already, and gone into isolation.
I'm going over to Jenn's this evening to do a load of laundry, spend the night and shower in the early morning. I'm being picked up at 8:30 by someone from the shul. It's a good thing Jenn has a new Mr. Coffee, (the cats decided to go 'bat sh*t' on the windowsill next to the table where the old one sat...there were shards of glass, pieces of plastic, coffee grinds, electronic components, brewed coffee, cat hair and even some chunks of cat floating all over the kitchen floor, I wasn't there but Jenn has a new 'i-phone' with a camera and video capability and needs no excuse to use it....lol), 'cause I'm gonna need to 'amp up' just to get in the shower....I don't do Sunday mornings well, never have, especially sober! (yeah I know bass-ackwards again....lol)
I was told this morning, for what must be the thousandth time, "You have GOT to write a book!", when I was relating some of the events and occurrences of the landslide I call my life. As I've said before, I'd really like to kind of wait until there is a little more light at the end of the tunnel, (and to be sure it is not the headlight of anoth approaching train...!), before I try to put out a book. And the idea it truly daunting and overwhelming, trying to string a coherent narrative of such length....BUT!....if anybody with any experience wants to try to organize or arrange, or tape some notes, or whatever...what the hell, contact me.
Have your 'people' call my 'person', (hey I'm poor, it's really me...lol), "we'll do lunch" as they say out in LaLa Land, or up in the Big [rotten] Apple........lol!
I'm out of time, and there is a line to sign on again, be back tomorrow afternoon....maybe, it's Sunday and opening time is 1:00 pm., who knows what will come of the morning's affair?
later .....................Dave

No comments: