Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Don't Panic........................"

Good Evening;
It was a pretty laid back day and evening. I was up and out and on the bus/train/bus to Monkee's this morning by 10:30 am., (after ending up not sleeping until around 5:30 am., no problem, just did not sleep, so I ended up laying there spacing out for 4 hours after I got offline, I just wish it hadn't been so chilly and my fingers so cold, I didn't want to take my arms out of the nice warm sleeping bag and grab my pencil and notepad that I usually write my middle of the night "world peace/cure for cancer/immortal poetry/plans for a FTL drive" ideas on.....lol! ( It's a shame that most of these ideas won't stand up to too close scrutiny in the light of day, or I can't read my own writing on the one's that do seem plausible......but they're good for a laugh sometimes....lol!)

I took the bus and train back from Monkee's to the Reisterstown Plaza Metro station and sat on the bench in the sun and read and ate lunch for an hour and a half. After that I went to the Giant and picked up some hot dogs and bananas for Jenn, (for the kid's lunches you perverts......LOL!), in exchange for doing a load of laundry on her card. Rachel was there getting ready to leave with them to go to Westminster to Edward and Devin's birthday party at some indoor play place where there are a bunch of inflatable things to bounce on and climb in and on, and they serve the kids pizza and cake and ice cream and all that crap that parents are so thrilled with when they get home and get their sugar induced second wind.....just about bedtime....LOL! I wasn't going due to transport and logistics, it just was not feasible. So after they left I cooked myself lunch and showered and shaved. I left their apartment shortly after they got home and I visited with Ed for a bit, around 7:00 pm. and sat on the bus stop and read until the bus showed at 8:00 pm. I wanted to finish a chapter in the book I'm reading, ("1634-The Baltic War" by David Weber & Eric Flint, in the 1632/Ring Of Fire/Grantville Gazette series), so I rode the bus up to the Owings Mills Mall ans sat with the driver on his layover, and back down to Pikesville. Oh, yeah...the reason for this was it was beginning to alternately snow and rain and the bench where I was had no cover.
I got back to the Giant here about 9:15, went in and used the restroom and brushed my teeth, (speaking nof which....Rachel lost her first baby tooth the other day....I told her to put it under her pillow and she said "Yay..and get a dollar from the toothfairy", and then in her best little adult voice and tone and manner says, "Who of course is really you and mommy!".....lol. I told her to tell her mother "she was wishing for a hundred dollars......and to bargain it down to $5.00, you can't get anything good for a dollar anymore!"....I'll find out how it went this week, she first has to get the tooth from where she left it the house she goes to 'homeschool' at. (And DON'T get me started on THAT topic tonight!!!!!).
Anyway, it is not that cold but my right hand, the fingers especially, is/are starting to hurt and/or go numb.
Later...................Dave
Tomorrow is Presidents' Day.......don't forget to dress up as your favorite Chief Executive!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm either going to be Grover Cleveland = Born-March 18th 1837 / Died-June 24th 1908 = our 22nd (1885-'89) - AND!!! - our 24th (1893-'97) = President, (who also carried the popular vote in 1888....freakin' Electoral College....lol).
OR
Zaphod Beeblebrox!
(I never said it HAD to be a U.S. President!)
(and besides having 2 heads and 3 arms....HE invented the
"Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster"......AND......
has a bar named after him in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada,
and has been called "the Best Bang since the Big ONE!......
If you are not familiar with him.....just think Bill Clinton,
on a Galactic scale..............LMAO!!!!)

No comments: