Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Skydiving---$5.00,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WITH Parachute---$250.00!......................."

Good Afternoon;
Well it was a kind of strange night last night, my FEET, were plenty warm enough, but there was a chill in my core that took hours to get rid of...weird. This morning I just did not want to get out of the bag, the temperature in the shed actually being colder than outside, (it, and the parking lot get almost no direct sunlight in the winter months). When I did get up my hands went numb and then painful almost immediately from handling the nylon on the outside of thr sleeping bag and the wood and metal of the door latch. It takes a good 20 minutes or my hand to become functional for manipulating anything small or needing fine adjustments, like a cell phone or opening the packages of instant coffee and pouring them in the travel mug. I just cannot feel anything in my fingertips......I think the EMG test is on next Thursday the 3rd of March, maybe that will show what the exact cause is.
Driving back to the shed last night ith Jenn was a trip and a half, the roads had not been salted and the 'sneet' was coming down fairly heavy....of course this did not slow down the tailgating asshole speeder behind her on the Smith Ave. hill!
I did not go to the gas station or the Giant but right into the shed and into the bag.

This afternoon when exiting the shed my feet went out from under me.....sideways.....and I hit the ground, the ice and snow covered ground, with my right side in a proper imitation of a PLF, (parachute-landing-fall), ankles-knees-hips-shoulders, with the head up and away from impact while cradling any vibration sensitive like detonators, or charged weapons,....,(oooops...I mean the laptop and other breakables.....sorry....wrong training manual.....lol.) to the body to reduce shock and vibration. Luckily the pants and jacket I had just put on were cold enough themselves that none of the snow that covered most of the right side of my body got a chance to melt and soak in before I brushed it off.
After I finished scorching the air in the immediate vicinity with a choice selection of curses, profanity, and blasphemy, (it's scientifically proven that this will help to ward off and reduce the feeling of pain, until the pain itself dissipates naturally........really!,.....I saw it on Mythbusters!........lol!)
Anyway, this whole mess set the tone for my day, and crossing the street to the bus stop in Pikesville dodging the idiot drivers only exacerbated it. After sitting for 20 minutes on the bus over here to the coffee shop, which allowed the nicely bruised muscles to set and tighten up, and the walk through, over, and around the slush piles on the sidewalk left by the plows......the body and mind reached equivalency. Achy and Pissy and Bitchy about describes it.....you know,like the names of 3 of the OTHER dwarves who never made it big in the Snow White story. (Along with Horny, Hairy, Honky, Sleezy, Greasy, Slimy, Homey, Achmed, and Brucey-Wucey).

After a couple of cups of coffee, a sandwich, and prescription strength Ibuprofen, I'm starting to loosen up a bit, and the 'Russian' coffee I'm about to chug down should do it the rest of the way!!!

I found the solution to one of the 'bugs' I've been dealing with on this computer, and Blogger/Google, I had to dig into the "GOOGLE Chrome" bowser to disable the always on spellcheck, and found part of a fix for the font type & color by going into "Design, Template", but that only changes the default font or color, for the whole batch of posts, past and present. I still cannot figure out why my menuu bar changes do not work.....stay tuned for more exciting info................lol.

(This is in blue, the previous paragraph was orange, and everything before that was blue too)

Later.......................Dave

No comments: