Sunday, February 6, 2011

" When Irish Eyes Are Smilin' ............... It's A Lottery Lullaby......."

Good Morning;

Talk about "Luck 'O The Irish".....(and I AM a McVey on my mother's side)....It was 2:30 am and I had just shut down the laptop and was about to try to get some sleep...but.... my gut is aching a bit and after Tuesday night's feces fiasco I'm not taking any chanced yet, so I took an Immodium AND walked over to the gas station. After I came out of the restroom, (don't ask, just do not even ask!), I went over to say hello and the big Latino guy with the Escalade who is always in there playing Racetrax, Keno, or Scratch-Offs. They were both scratching away like mad on tickets. The Md. State Lottery shuts down at approximately 1:45 am. but Dan will pay the select few regulars, and big spenders an small winners out of the lottery drawer and enter the serial numbers when the terminals come online around 5:30 am., a common practice in a lot of places. I looked and saw how many loose $1.00 bills I had in my wallet, (I was in earlier playing Keno and Scratch-Offs bought with the payout from a Keno ticket I had picked up off the table, scanned and cashed...plus...it still had games on it! Some people are so stupid, Rule # 1 of gambling-- "Never Play Or Bet A Game You Don't Fully Understand!!!"!

I ended up playing Keno & Scratch-Offs for an hour before I came in the shed the first time...for free!), and bought a $2.00 Scratch-Off called "GOT LUCK?", because it is one of the most recent additions in he store's selection of 40 or so Scratch-Offs. Also....because it was green and was the only $2.00 card they had out.....lol. On this ticket there are 8 chances to win and a Top Prize of $10,000.00. To play one must match any or all of the 8 icons in the " Your Symbols" area with either or both of the icons in the "Lucky Symbols" area. Symbols such as a Star, Treasure Chest, Vault, Leprechaun, Bundle of Cash, etc., with the prize amount below each symbol. The 2 "Lucky Symbols" revealed on my card were......'Vault' & 'Chest'. As I began to scratch the silver coating covering the symbols in the

"Your...(meaning my......lol.)...Symbols" area there first appeared......a 'Vault'.....then another 'Vault'....then yet another 'Vault'......and then..... a "Chest"....then a "Cash"....and a "Star"....and a "Leprechaun".....and last but not least.........a second "Chest"! Best of all........under each "Vault" and "Chest" was the prize amount(s)..........................................................................
........$20.00...&...$20.00...&...$20.00...&...$20.00...&...$20.00!!!! Cumulative!!!!
It adds up to $100.00 I thought, while wondering if I was reading everything correctly!

I looked and I read the instructions again, and a third time and took it over to Daniel, (knowing he did not have enough cash out to cash it then), and asked him to tell me what he saw, and he grinned as only an African can grin and said in his accented but precise English, "David, You have won One Hundred Dollars!".


Well, I hightailed it back to the shed pretty damn fast, my hot little hand squeezing that poor Scratch-Off in a Death Grip!.....lol! One of the reasons I was so unsure of the validity of the ticket was because, Contrary to what I wrote the other day, the 'Letter Code' on the ticket reads-- "F, W, F " ???? Which has me wondering-- "W.T.F." ?????.........LOL!!!

First thing I do when I get out of the bag tomorrow, or rather today as it is 4:50 am. right now is cash that puppy in!

I've got to logoff now because I want all the electrical equipment shut off and unplugged, (HA......All!....it's just the laptop and the lantern....lol), due to the sudden proliferation of Methane gas in the immediate area......LM-A-O!!

Later.............................Dave

No comments: