Friday, February 25, 2011

"Indoor Rain.......&.........The Peanut Butter Birthday Blues.............."

Good Morning;
Well it was a soggy night, between the runoff from the snow melt and then the downpour, at times it seemed louder inside than out. I misaligned one of my 'drip displacers' and did not realize it until this morning when I sat up and reached down to the foot of the sleeping bag and that found the small blue outer blanket that covers my feet and lower legs was beaded with moisture from a 'ricochet drip'. At least I didn't stand up and walk over it and soak my socks. Now of course the rain has stopped and I cannot readjust it until next time......such is life.
I'm about to head over to the Giant and decide whether to spend my last $5.00 in Foodstamps on a jar of peanut butter and one of jelly, and live on that for the next 5 days, (I already have 5 hamburger rolls leftover and a half a can of Pringles), or just say the hell with it and grab a little bit of lunch meat and eat that for today and maybe tomorrow,,,,,and trust to luck, chance, karma, providence.....call it what you will. I think I have a dollars worth of coin that I'm going to offer up to the Keno gods.......I've always been pretty lucky on a 'last roll of the dice' type gamble, (over the long run)....who knows?.....lol
And if push comes to shove, there's always the Dunkin' Dumpster...and the really cheap $3.70 a bottle Rikalov vodka....lol!
I've got to contact Jenn to see about a shower tonight of tomorrow morning, and maybe dinner or lunch, which, other than the free Birthday Drink from Starbucks, and maybe hand drawn cards from Rachel and Edward, is about all I'm expecting this year.
But, Ya know.....if I want a PARTY......I've got a road flare lying around in here somewhere, I can always jam a bunch of dumpster doughnuts together, call it a birthday cake, shove the flare in the center of it, and light it off in the middle of the parking lot tomorrow while dancing and singing "Happy Friggin' Birthday" at the top of my lungs while chugging the vodka straight.....(shudder)....then all the special guests will show up and put on a sound and light show with sirens and horns and bells and whistles with red and white and blue flashing lights...(see how patriotic I am)...and those really cool strobe lights that spin all over the place. And they'll bring me jewelry as a present, nice shiny silver bracelets, and clothing too a lovely jacket the belts in the back with big leather straps and more shiny silver buckles, and they'll even give me anice room for the night..with soft padding all around!
Michelle and I were supposed to go out tonight and do something, but that was put on the back burner last night when we talked via Facebook. (though she is possibly hosting/emceeing a poetry night on Tuesday the 1st of March and wants me to be involved........what comes around goes around, that's how we met in the first place, 11 years ago.) I'm open to any other offers now.....

Anyhow..........I'm heading over to the coffee shop as soon as I decide what to get at Giant, I've got 'coffee credit' left for one more mug of coffee, and of course the refills are free with my registered card.

Later..................Dave

Holy Sh*t!!!!! I'm not going anywhere for a while, a storm front just blew in with incredible winds and even more incredible gusts, and the rain on the roof and walls sounds like machine gun fire!!!!
Oh Hell............gotta run and start bailing and patching................."
Insane...now the sun is out the sky is bright blue and it feels almost like summer temperatures out there.....
"Baltimore........if you don't like the weather......just wait 15 minutes.
See Ya.....................for real this time...............lol!
Damn it........I did not even have time to put my boots on and it's pouring again...a bit less interior precipitation this time though.
And now there's thunder and lightning.....really, Really, REALLY!!!! close thunder and lightning....the shed shook!
I'm pulling the plug for safety. And I may as well have breakfast...I may be here a while.
UMMM....YUUUUUMMMMMM....Mayonaisse sandwich!

1 comment:

Ricky said...

Hi
Have been following your blog for sometime and have a question you are living in a shed at someones home? or is this something that you put together in the wild? I am in up state ny and its snowing to beat the band here must be bad there..If someone was to make a trailer or motor home available to you would you be able to make use of it as i know of some that are just siting around but you would have to be able to keep plates up on it? give me a shout rickone@logical.net..