Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Lazy Day Muscle Car Mania....................."

Good Evening;
Well it's about that time again, when I start to finish off the last cup of coffee and start putting things away in my bag before the coffee shop closes up.
I was up late last night watching parts of the Homelessness Marathon from Kansas City on the laptop. It must have been after 2:00 am. when it got too cold and I burrowed into the sleeping bag. I woke up at 8:30 am. just because the bladder forced the issue and went back to sleep until 11:30 am. and said 'screw it, no pressing reason to get up', and went back to sleep until 1:30 pm. For once I really slept and felt rested if not relaxed. The unfocused anxiety is still hovering over my head at this point, even if the depression has abated a good deal.
The Focused anxiety is an old acquaintance......typical end of the month blues that you too get; out of cash, out of food etc., until March 2nd. I figure that the looming birthday on Saturday and it's numeric and chronological significances.....................'ain't helpin' none' either.
As of Saturday I can Officially become a member of the AARP!
Oh Joy, Oh Wow, Ohhhh Hell!!!!
I've been getting posts from Jalopnik an automotive news site, www.jalopnik.com ...(I STILL cannot get the turned links back on yet, sorry, you have to enter it in your browser yourself)..
about the new Chevy Camaros..the Convertible, Rallye, SS, and now the...."ZL1", (and any gear head my age knows what THAT appellation means.....slobber, slobber, drool.....LOL!).....
Then today I get a post about the Ford Mustang Boss 302....AND the "Laguna Seca"...(damn I'm glad I'm wearing a bib!......LOL)!
I've been leaving little hints about the Camaro, and now, I'm torn between the 2.....
OKAY.....surprise me.....either one will do!
(See....no greedy wishing for a Ferrari or a Bentley 'R', I'm happy with good ole American muscle)
Anyway.....It's been a slow day and I'm out of here to the buses back to shed and to put up some new "drip deflectors" because I hear that "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall", tonight and tomorrow.

Well it's supposed to be sunny and 45 degrees for my birthday, Saturday, and I hope to grab q shower late Friday night or early the next morning at Jenn's.
I may still be broke....but I'll smell nice.......LOL
Later........"One $ize Fit$ All".........Dave
LOL!!

No comments: