Friday, February 25, 2011

"Swedish Fish........................."

Good Evening;
Just a last post before I become eligible for 'senior discounts' ...lol!
And to illustrate another couple examples of the spirit of human decency, compassion, and graciousness that are often overlooked in the waves of.....
SH*T...SH*T...SH*T!!!
Sorry about that, I had a complete post written and had clicked on the publish button and BAM!!! The clock hit Midnight, the AT&T WiFi server burped and dropped out for a few seconds, taking along with it of course my beautiful and eloquent prose.
And a large part of it revolved around being posted before Midnight, both humorously and seriously. And now my fingers are burning with the cold and it hurts to type....I shall bravely attempt to overcome the elements and my own rapidly failing stamina and fight the sleepiness which NOW decides to come creeping back........

OR NOT.......LOL!

Since I am now eligible for 'senior discounts'.....it also gives me a lot of leeway with 'senior moments'!..........HA!
To continue;
.....ignorance, stupidity, pettiness and self centered greed we are deluged with in our daily lives.
I need to thank and express my gratitude to a young woman who must remain nameless due to the anile corporate atmosphere of the company she works for. A company that brags about it's conservation efforts.....which all seem to be in 3rd world countries, while making no real attempt to recycle here at home, and because of a constant mindset always in fear of litigation throws away an unimaginable amount of edible food each and everyday, while food banks and soup kitchens go wanting and at times turning away needy clients. I was blessed to get a few pastries and sandwiches to last me until I get my little bit of monthly cash....and I was STILL able to pass on something to someone else.
And then as I was getting off the bus after spending the ride and her layover time talking with my bus driver friend 'Pooh', who I see on the #58 line 4-5 night a week, and we talk about our kids and just about everything else, (I was able to tip her off about the Ice Show and discounts), She says wait a second, grabs her purse.....and she hands me a bill, saying,"It's only a $20.00, but, Happy Birthday"!
ONLY a $20.00, !?!?....I was stunned and speechless for a moment, this was straight 'out of the blue'. I finally recovered enough to thank her without stuttering like a fool just as she waved and pulled off.
It's folks like this, and the young girl at the Metro station the other night who lost her bus pass. So I gave her the last little bit of money I had, $1.59, (and told her someone on the bus ought to have a penny if the driver won't let her slide.....and yes there are drivers THAT petty). 5 minutes later she comes running back, almost missing her bus, and hands me the money back, telling me she found her pass! Wellllll, without going into specifics.....8 out of 10 people at that station at that time of night would not have done that.

People who keep me wanting to help out, whether to 'pay it forward', or to 'pass it on', take some of the sting out of some of the pain I'm dealing with on an emotional level.

Now if someone could take the sting out of the feeling that will be returning to my frozen fish stick fingers, (and not even the Good fish sticks....I'm talking about those nasty freezer burned mystery fish minced ones!...............lol!), as soon as I hit the Publish button, fold up the laptop and shove my hands between my but and the sleeping bag.....ow..ow...ow...ow...ow...ow!!!!

Well, when I started this post, I guess you could have called me middle aged, (with the mindset of a 30 year old....lol.), now I'm standing....laying actually.... on the edge of senior citizen. Now I have to decide....will it be "Crotchety Old Geezer".....or......."Grumpy Old Codger.....?????......LMAO!!!!!
After due consideration.......I think it's gonna have to be the"G.O.C.".
Why??...Because it makes me think of the movie "Grumpy Old Men"
You still ask...Why?......?
Think about it....who was the female lead actress in that movie?
Riiiigghhhttt!.....Ann-Margret!!!!!!
YES!...........Grumpy beats Crotchety, six ways from Sunday!

Later........................Dave

No comments: