Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Cats In The Cradle..................................Wasting Time......................."

Good Morning;
Well the shed is no longer too hot nor leaking, it is actually comfortable sitting here in sweat pants and a tee shirt, compared to last night when I was inside the sleeping bag for the first time since May.

Yesterday I headed down to Monkee's around 1:00 pm. dodging the rain all the way. I got lucky because everytime it began to rain harder a bus showed up, and it slackened or stopped each time I got off the bus or train and had to walk.
This continued until I got to the coffee shop where this cold front poured in after I arrived, getting very windy but slowing as I rolled out to get the bus.
I got a chance to visit with my friend Visa who has returned after about a 5 week hiatus, her daughter having taken a short summer break from swimming competition.

It was cold enough that I did not sit out and read or use the library wifi last night, opting to stop in the gas station and see where my 4 quarters would take me on a KENO ride. It was a typical win one, lose one, up and down, for 30 minutes and I walked out even, (with my entire $4.00 net worth safely in my pocket!..............lol!).

I slept strange again last night, waking up from dreams that were on the bizarre side, so I've been a step behind all day, and keep falling asleep here with my finger on a key and starting awake to a screen full of ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
ggggggggggggggggggg,. The backspace key is getting a work out!....................lol!

I got up about 9:30 am. and ended up killing 90 minutes in the Giant, talking to various people. Jenn texted me about 11:30 am. that she was on the way home from the doctor's and I could head over to the apt. to meet them. I got there just after Noon and they all left shortly afterwards on a roundabout journey out to Perry Hall, to Monkton, to Sparks, to Port Deposit.........and who knows where else shuttling Tom to DJ gigs, before and after picking Ed up from school, before dropping off the car for Tom and getting picked up be her friend to come back to Baltimore with the kids. All of which meant that I had the place to my self for 7 hours....well me and "Front Porch Cat" and the feline slut's cute little 3 day old kittens....which she gave birth to in "Back Porch Cat's" Hurricane Irene shelter box. Who were all transferred to under the bathroom sink with Mama.....giving it a nice funk to dry off in after my shower.
I also took the clippers to my head and used the #1 guard to give my self a buzz cut, both for convenience and cleanliness........and because thin and receding from MPB is much, much preferable to gray and scruffy!
I cooked one of the last steaks I'll be able to cook in the foreseeable future with them leaving in 14 days.
(Speaking of which...............I am still looking for a place or even a few places if I split things up, to stash/store/stow some of the things I want to keep but do not need daily or frequent access to.)

I took the 7:20 bus to Mt. Washington to the coffee shop and killed an hour and 20 minutes there until close, so I could use the wifi, with the laptop on a hard level surface, instead of my knees or in one hand.
Caught the bus back to Plaza Station and ended up with 40 minutes to kill waiting for the bus up here.....so I started reading and was so engrossed in the book, I almost missed the bus.
After I got up here to Pikesville I stopped in the Giant to use the restroom...(speaking of which the dumb bastard trashing the men's room was there 3 times yesterday, choosing to add black beans and kosher salad dressing to his palette)...and came back to the library to finish off the piece of meat from lunch for dinner and read until 12:30 am.

Then in the shed and.....here I be.

2:36.....time to see what sleep brings....

Later........................................Dave

No comments: