Friday, September 30, 2011

"Jiminy Cricket -- Still Alive And Kickin'................ AND ................The 6 Million Dollar Man---- Less $5,999,999.75 Depreciation........"

Good Afternoon;
Well it's true, crickets do bring good luck! On Wednesday night, actually it was more like Thursday morning, I was awakened by a 'thump-boing' sound and then some frantic popping and snicking right around my head. Thinking it was a mouse caught in one of the plastic bags or in the insulation of the wall I jumped up, (or my slow motion joint popping version of same.....which I'm still paying for....lol....ow!), and turned the light on and searched for the culprit.
It turned out to be a HUGE cricket hopping around like a one legged paper hanger with the crabs, (....or should I say...'crotch crickets....lol), trapped in between a loosely rolled piece of bubble wrap and a plastic Target bag and the paper facing of the wall insulation. I almost smashed it thinking it was another big-ass waterbug/cockroach before I got a good look at it. I took a plastic Starbucks cup and a piece of stiff paper and trapped it without harm, then released it through one of the, (many), large holes in the wall to the great outdoors, and went back to sleep. I tossed and turned until 7:30 am. when I got up and found the mouse HAD been visiting too, leaving an offering of berries on the shelf where I usually leave a hunk of bread or pastry for him and the missus and the kids. (Which has led to an increase of mouse poop on the high shelves that I never use anyway, and a major decrease in the sightings of 'La Cucarachas').

I was up and out early for a visit to the radiologist and new films of the back.....what appeared to be bone chips in the previous views were revealed to be bone spurs in a more detailed and varied set of films. Next up, a round robin of consultations with my P.C.P., and, Neuro., Ortho., Radio., and Osteo. docs.,(not to mention Professor Xavier, Tony Stark, Dr Frankenstein, Dr. Rudy Wells, Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel, Dr. Bruce Banner, and Dr. Frank-N-Furter), to determine the risk:benefit ratio for various treatment options when the already known issues, (spinal stenosis, scoliosis, disc deterioration, nerve damage, & sciatic tumor), are factored in.
More news as it develops........
"We have the technology.........................."

So, back to Jiminy Cricket and his gift of good fortune.
I was in the coffee shop Thursday afternoon following the 'radiation derby' and
I get handed a Toffee Nut Frappacino as I am on my way to sit down, and was told it was an 'oops', it should of been sugar free.
Thank you very much!

Then my friend Visa walks in and out of the blue hands me $10.00!
Thank you very, very much!

When I got back to the shed the Giant had closed and ,I ended up at the gas station to use the restroom, and decided to put a dollar on the Keno when I came out. Well when I looked at the screen my numbers, (Rachel's birthday), had come up and I kicked myself for not making the bet before I went into the can like I usually do. I figured 'what the hell' and bet it anyway on the upcoming game, and won $2.00, pocketed a buck and let the other one ride.....to a $25.00 win! I gave Daniel $4.00 I owed him, bought a scratch-off and another Keno, lost on both and rolled out still $27.00 ahead.
Thank you very, very, very much!

And I forgot to mention that I had an e-mail confirming that I had gotten 2 tickets for "The Gazillion Bubbles Show" on Thursday October 20th at 4:00 pm at the Hippodrome Theatre, which I had e-mailed a request for as part of October's 'Free Fall Baltimore' festival and celebration of arts and culture.
(I've got other's in too that are still pending)
All sorts of museums, shows, exhibits, the Zoo, Aquarium, Science Center, tours, etc. are free admission during October. Some require advance registration due to space limitations.
There is a link to their site above.

Now I have food for the next few days, coffee money, bus fare and cash for a load of laundry, (not sure where yet, Jenn says it a bad weekend because they are so crazy busy......gotta figure out where to shower too, though it is cool enough so I'm not extremely foul, so I'm able to do the 'whore's bath' thing in a bathroom sink if I have to...).

It's dinner time............back in a while.

Later........................Dave

No comments: