Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Chips.............Bone, Potato, Silicon, Chocolate, and Chicken............."

Good Afternoon;

Well I'm here in the library after a trip to the radiolgist this morning. I fell asleep as soon as I was flat on my back last night but I woke up about 4:00 am. with a scream when I rolled over on my right side. It felt as if I had been stabbed with an icepick in my right lower back, (and I do have a reference point for comparison to that sensation).

After talking to the doctor on call at the after hours phone number I had an early appointment scheduled for X-rays this morning. According to what the tech. and I saw on the films, (the Radiologist was not in yet for an official reading), it looks like some of the bone chips from my vertebrae have migrated, specifically 2 in the region between the T-12 and L-1 & L-5 and S-1. This would coincide with the pain sites yesterday and this morning as the related nerves affect that area of the back.

I am waiting for a call from the doctor's office scheduling an appointment for an exam and consultation.

Until then, slow and easy, no sudden movements or actions to cause the bone to contact the spinal nerve again, or be compressed between the bone and discs.


Times up here, (I have not even tried the laptop yet), and I am still deciding on whether to chance the bus or not. The way some of the springs and shocks are worn out on some of them, even people with no spinal issues sometimes moan in pain as their backbones are telescoped up into their skulls when the bus slams through a pothole, (usually at excessive speed, exacerbating the feeling of being a can of Pringles between a rock and a hard place).


I'm heading to the Giant to grab something to drink and some rolls to go with the Buddig chopped, pressed, flaked, and formed, "lunchmeat" I already have and the cookies a woman in the waiting room shared.


Later....................Dave

No comments: